Lake District People!

tigger01

Visit site
Hi All moved to the Lakes (well Penrith area) 6 months ago and wondered if anyone fancied a meet up? I'm trying to widen my circle of friends so if anyone fancies a horsey chinwag (altho doesnt have to be all about horses!) get in touch. It's really difficult to meet up with people when you dont work in the area you live in and just thought a get-together might be a nice idea.

mynutmeg

Visit site
I'd be up for it - this weekend Eden Valley Trials are on just up the road from you and is always a freidnly event - go halfway to carlisle up the A6 and it's well signposted (take the turning for Armathwaite), on both days

tigger01

Visit site
Thanks mynutmeg - I'm going to Eden Valley as there are loads of people from "the other side" I know competing. It'll be nice to see them, but will make me homesick for sure!!! Are you competing?

mynutmeg

Visit site
lord no - have only just started walking my girl out after several years out of work due to injury and having Milo (plus no way would I jump round there). My lot are on livery there so I'll be kicking around - the course looks fab!!

Where have you moved from?

tigger01

Visit site
Hi mynutmeg I've moved from the North East so all fairly new to me! I'll be there Sat and Sun - not competing either - I wouldnt dare - great admiration for all those who are brave enough. Have been there for some dressage competition last year - it's very impressive set up, looking forward to walking the course.

mynutmeg

Visit site
absolutely - it's a fab yard. I think we're going to be running more comps over the next few months as there's a couple of us liveries running them now :)

mynutmeg

Visit site
have just seen on fb that eden valley has been called off :-( due to rain overnight and expected rain over the weekend

tigger01

Visit site
Bloody British weather eh! But the safety of the competitors has to be paramount and with all the rain the ground will be awful. Feel sorry for the team who prepared the event and those competing who must have been looking forward to it. Roll on Warwick Bridge!!

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I would be up for meeting. I'm in Kendal, but used to keep my horses near Penrith so know the area pretty well. Pm if you're interested. :)