Lame after laying down?

Guinness

Visit site
My lazy horse always comes in and goes straight to sleep, today I had to get him up for the farrier and he looked lame on one of his back legs, just for about 30secs then he was sound again. Do you think he could be giving himself a deadleg from lying on it? Im thinking I might get the vet out as it could be the start of arthritis
frown.gif

Guinness

Visit site
Hes 12, but being a gypsy horse Im guessing hes been hammered on the roads when he was younger...I'll get the vet to do a lameness work-up on him see what he says.

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
I've seen this in my horse too and just think it's bit like when your leg goes to sleep if you sit on it (ie tuck it under your other leg or bottom) and you get pins and needles, you find it a bit difficult to walk for the first few steps and it just takes a moment for the circulation to come back fully.

I don't really think it's a vet job unless pony is taking longer and longer to come sound

bailey14

Visit site
Have you any idea how much a lameness workup costs?????!!!
Mine was £50 for examining the horse, £63 for nerve blocks, and £36.00 for actually doing them! £90 for xrays and £102 for intepreting them. Those prices did not include VAT. The total for that lameness workup is £433.67. I would wait and see how he is after a few days, unless of course you have money to burn x