lame on one rein? ideas?

steffielu

Visit site
Lunged neddy today...warmed up fine, looked normal. I attached side reins (not over tight) and continued trotting and cantering on the lunge, on the right rein. I then changed reins to the left, and he looked a bit 'off' on near fore. I also noticed he wasn't quite stepping under with diagonal hind (off hind!)
He wasnt hopping by any means, but he definately wasnt right...so i changed rein to the right, and he looked normal! Off hind looked fine too! How bizarre I thought. So I changed back to the left and he was 'off' again.
I then removed side reins and trotted him off on both reins, where he looked normal!
confused.gif

He's 10, so I dont think it could be bridle lameness or owt like that! No heat or swelling to note..
If no better will obv get vet to have a look...but wondered if anyone had any thoughts! Prob shouldnt expect any replies at this hour...with the puissance going on and all that!

ruth83

Visit site
Possibly pulled something in the field or somewhere and when he is asked to work round/bend its uncomfortable. If it were me unless he gets worse or is in obvious pain I'd give him a rest day then a day or two of light work, stretching out abd see how he is.