Lami signals... But doesn't add up

china

Visit site
My six year has started going back out in the fied since the 1st April and is showing swelling when in over night on all four legs and pulses in all fours also. Vet has said treat as if early warning of lami. Something isn't adding up. He is not on lush grass, there isn't much at all so he has haylage out in the field which he stands and eats.
he isn't lame or foot sore, although he is not landing heel first and his toes are still abit long, this is a working progress. He competes nearly every weekend. He goes out for about 8 hours a day. He is now going to be off the grass for the next week to see if the pulses go down. Considering having the free cushings test done as either he is incredibly sensitive to sugars or there is an endocrine issue there.
Has anyone else experienced this?

china

Visit site
No but is has crossed my mind! Although he doesn't match all the criteria and symptoms something is definitely going on.

rema

Visit site
My horse was not on lush grass either infact the complete opposite he was on restricted grazing with my mare who has never had lami to this day..but my horse came down with lami and was tested negative (twice) for Cushings...But he is Insulin Resistant..He was not lame and did not show sensitive to hoof testers and had no digital pulses...

What is his crest like?..does it feel like it is full of Jelly instead of muscle?.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Unfortunately sometimes lami just doesn't add up at all - my horse was suddenly crippled one afternoon, after running around quite happily that morning, in the middle of winter having never had it before. He eats hay and nothing else so the vet was even more puzzled than I was. Could it possibly be the haylage that's pushing him slightly over the edge? I know that for some lamis it helps and for others it doesn't. Also if the grass is short then it will be quite stressed and potentially full of sugar.

china

Visit site
Haylage is very late cut stuff so not particularly good quality at all. He's ovb not feeling to down as he's just gone out and got 60 and 65% in his tests. Although he was more sensitive on his feet than usual on the car park. I have kept him off the grass the monitor the digital pulses over the next week. Will arrange for some bloods to be done with a different vets if needs be!

china

Visit site
He mainly works on surface, and if we hack out, its rarely ever faster than a walk because I'm a boring old fart so I can't really see where he could sustain such concussion.

putasocinit

Visit site
Galloping in the fields the ground is quite hard now, and in winter when frozen ground is quite hard, also if very muddy the flexing of the joints in the soft can cause filling just because it is hard work, just like you and i walking through mud.