Laminitis Risk at the moment?

Barklands

Visit site
Those with access to the laminitis risk app - what is the risk level for UK at the moment?

Conscious that we have had frost recently and don't know if I am just overworrying and convincing myself but lami prone pony is looking a bit footy despite there being hardly any grass. Oddly enough pony has previously always shown first signs of lami in back feet rather than fronts so it sometimes can be tricky to jump on it straight away! May be that she is about to spring an abscess but as i'm sure lami prone owners can appreciate it's always a worry 😣

I will bring her in 24/7 for the next few days just in case but interested to know the risk level!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I gave up on my lami app, it kept constantly re positioning me to Scotland!

One of Mine, like yours is a back foot sufferer I’ve not known another before! I missed mine the first time as he was lame behind and I just didn’t put two and two together. I now know if he hesitates with putting a hind to the floor it’s keeping in time.

Mine are out over night and come in before the sun comes up or daylight at all really, to avoid them eating thawing grass.
They are fine if it freezes when they are on it.
Both currently doing fine. One was a little dodgy looking last week but it didn’t last and I put it down to stone bruising.,

Pen

Visit site
Laminitis Risk app showing nearly 100% risk here - south west Scotland. My EMS cob has been in her dry lot for the past few days as its not worth the risk of turning her out. I do usually go by what the app is showing and fortunately we have not had episodes of laminitis for the past 6 years.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Those with access to the laminitis risk app - what is the risk level for UK at the moment?

Conscious that we have had frost recently and don't know if I am just overworrying and convincing myself but lami prone pony is looking a bit footy despite there being hardly any grass. Oddly enough pony has previously always shown first signs of lami in back feet rather than fronts so it sometimes can be tricky to jump on it straight away! May be that she is about to spring an abscess but as i'm sure lami prone owners can appreciate it's always a worry 😣

I will bring her in 24/7 for the next few days just in case but interested to know the risk level!
My lami ones have been out on the grass even though frosty and so far so good. I will not turnout till 9am never before in winter. Low carb diet with turmeric. App for Bucks was on red the other day but just off the green into orange just now

visa_bot

Visit site
My EMS mare went out for a few hours over the last few days once the frost had lifted and she was in pain today. I know when she is hurting. Hardly any grass out there. She is out in the summer with a muzzle and is fine but I find frosty grass the worst. Strangely she also gets it much worse in her hind feet. She will just have to stay off the grass completely when it’s frosty.