lammi

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Has he always had this strong pulse or has it changed recently? Do his hooves feel hot? Is he as sound on a hard surface as on soft? What about tight turns on concrete? I'd be suspicious! Fingers crossed!

mrsbloggett

Visit site
If the pony is has lami in all four feet, he would probably appear sound as he can't favour any one foot as they are all sore!

Check the pulses every couple of hours to see if it constant. If in doubt ALWAYS stable-rest a suspected lami case until you are certain its not.

bensababy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If the pony is has lami in all four feet, he would probably appear sound as he can't favour any one foot as they are all sore!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but thats untrue.. my boy had it chronic in all 4 feet.. it is noticable... he spent most of his time lying down or rocking back and forth on his feet.
grin.gif

Honeypots

Visit site
I would definitely take it as a warning, keep it off the grass at least until its feet have cooled and the pulses have gone and to get some weight off it. Daughters pony had an attck last year. She was as sound as a pound the day before an as sore as hell the following morning...

spaniel

Visit site
It would present differently in all horses and ponies depending on the amount of damage and how stoic the animal is.

I agree with the advice given, if you are in any doubt AT ALL the pony should be in on a deep bed with a small amount of low grade hay and the vet called.

Better to be wrong than have a pony in agony or worse.

mrsbloggett

Visit site
Depends on how much the feet are effected, if its only a "touch" of lami in all four feet, it can be very difficult to detect - been there, got the t-shirt!