Lancaster Canal Multi-User Trail Consultation - CLOSES 14 JUNE

Reacher

Visit site
I put this in Tack Room but it sank without a trace

Please complete the consultation survey before 14 June, for the Lancaster Canal Multi User Trail and remind that as vulnerable road users, we need horse riders to be included.
https://www.lcrp.org.uk/consultation

Forwarded message:
Good Afternoon,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am the Director of 2020 Consultancy and we have been commissioned by the Lancaster Canal Regeneration Partnership to carry out a feasibility study into the potential for a multi-user trail along the Lancaster Canal from Kendal to Lancaster. This is a study that is focusing on how achievable the proposal is and the main constraints that would need to be resolved. The study provides no commitment to delivering a scheme.

As part of the study, we wish to engage with a range of stakeholders including yourself, to gain an understanding of your views on this proposal along with any specific matters you would like to see taken into consideration during the development of proposals that may arise through the completion of the feasibility study. To allow our project team to understand your views and comments, we have setup a questionnaire that contains 13 questions related to the Lancaster Canal and provides the opportunity for any comments to be recorded.

More detail on the feasibility study and a link to the questionnaire can be accessed via the Lancaster Canal Regeneration Partnership website or clicking the link below.

https://www.lcrp.org.uk/consultation

In usual circumstances, the consultation process would allow stakeholders the opportunity to meet with our project team to discuss specific items, concerns, or aspirations in greater detail. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this isn’t possible. However, if there is any part of the study you would like to discuss in greater detail, it is our intention to setup a virtual workshop using a meeting platform such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Our intention is to collate requests initially before trying to arrange a date that is suitable for as many as possible. For anyone who cannot make the virtual workshop, alternative arrangements will be put in place.

This consultation will last three weeks and will commence on Monday 24th May, running until the 14th June 2021 for the wider stakeholders such as residents and visitors who are interested in the Canal. As you have been identified as a stakeholder with a potential interest in the Canal, you can complete the questionnaire anytime from now until the 14th June.

If you have any queries regarding this email, or you wish to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Adam

Adam Bunce
Director

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Done, thanks for flagging this up.
I live near to a canal and we have been pushing for access for horse-riders. It seems mad that we can't access a tow-path, which was originally intended for horses, although I do think that riders would need to be extremely responsible when using the path - no cantering along scattering dog-walkers and charging over wheel-chair users.