LandS Eventing - Offchurch Bury - We got a frilly!!!

CrazyMare

Visit site
Took Callie my 6yr old to Offchurch yesterday (She is Holly, my grey mares baby)

It was her third ODE. First one was a big fat E, second one was a big fat E but we have been working and working and working!!! Including a lesson with our jump trainer in a hail storm......!!!

Callie doesn't lack ability in the slightest, (she won her trailblazers 85cm/95cm JO class the week before) she lacks 'being business like' and is rather opinionated about how things should be done. Has a very good line in a toddler tantrum. So previously we put her in 80cm classes, yesterday we put her in the 70cm on the basis that it is small enough to pop from nothing!

Yesterday she produced a 31 dressage. All 7s and 8s except for a couple of 6s (one where she got a horse fly on her tummy and turned herself upside down!)

They let us go jacketless as it was just so so hot!

10371524_10152551420292162_6434613160059633857_n.jpg

Very pleased with a 31, as I wanted sub 40. She tends to go a bit tense on me on grass. Lying in 5th at this point!!!

Showjumping was a nice flowing course, time was tight enough to need to ride your turns and not hack around the huge arena.

Thrilled to jump clear with no time penalties. Just one sticky moment where she drifted through the left shoulder, and I kicked like mad with my left leg and somehow we got to the fence and jumped it!

10492405_10152551311152162_1670378971112933926_n.jpg

Saw a horse lying in 2nd or 3rd have a pole, and move us up to lying 4th I think at this point!

Couldn't believe it!!!

Off to the XC....Working in was a nightmare, there seemed to be a whole gaggle all stuck together going round and round!

Set off well out of the start box and over the first

10462482_10152551311162162_7027730943571427218_n.jpg

Kept on going well and forwards, slight spook at the old ditch crossing that was filled in with different colour ground but a kick, growl and slap down the shoulder prevented this becoming a tantrum spot.

Came back to me brilliantly fence 8 which was running down a steep slope, popped onto her hocks, sat and pinged over. Clever pony.

Fence 9.....the water crossing....Our bogey fence....! She paused and fannied around at this, and I thought that was it! However we can't have paused for as long as it felt, as they didn't give us any penalties for it, just time faults.

Cake corner second from home

10456027_10152551311137162_9204815030041985328_n.jpg

Finished with 38 time penalties - think the time was INCREDIBLY tight as everyone in my section got time penalties, with the least being 6.9 but the average being in the 20s.

I was so annoyed and frustrated when we finished the XC but as Dad pointed out, it was one error at one fence that we have been working on for weeks - we are going XC schooling week in, week out to practice water and she has been going straight in from trot or canter the past 3 or 4 times!

Finished in 10th on 69. Winner was on 44.

Awaiting pro photos now.....

ahml100

Visit site
Well done! Annoying about the water-though there was no stop! But think of the improvement from 2xEs to a frilly!

foxy1

Visit site
Really enjoyed your report, well done sounds like a lot of progress made- onwards and upwards!!

CrazyMare

Visit site
Thank you, yes lots of progress made and I am very pleased with her, just can't help be slightly frustrated!!!

JustKickOn

Visit site
Fantastic results, especially after your first two events.

I think I spoke to you in the SJ warm up and said how nice your round was. I think everyone found the XC time tight. Even those who really motored round. Congratulations for 10th place!

CrazyMare

Visit site
Awww was that you!?! You made my day!!!! I've been working so hard with her that it really was lovely to get a compliment from a stranger!!!

How did you get on?

JustKickOn

Visit site
Awww was that you!?! You made my day!!!! I've been working so hard with her that it really was lovely to get a compliment from a stranger!!!

How did you get on?

Your round really did look so nice and tidy. And I managed to maintain control as I wished! I've popped a report on here, but we came 13th, and met all the targets I set, so a good day. :)

CrazyMare

Visit site
Ah-your homebred! They hadn't put the prefix on the sheet :/
Another one who had eye catching colours on!

Yes!! Sorry, I get annoyed when I see horses 'loosing' prefixes and breeders loosing recognition or track of horses they bred!

You would be amazed how often it happens!!!

_GG_

Visit site
Fab result for just your third time.

My friend was there this weekend as well...not sure if it was the same class, she won the Eventing Elevator series?

Looked like a fab XC course watching her headcam footage :)