Large Round Bale Straw Cost!

Dressagebabe

Visit site
As per title really, could some of you give me an idea on how much you pay per big round bale of good quality straw as I am about to buy some in and wondered what the going rate was to sell out to my liveries!

Enfys

Visit site
I swap a turkey for three round bales, or a load of wood, or a couple of Christmas trees.

Perhaps not the acceptable going rate though.

Sorry, I have no idea now. If I was paying cash here it would be the equivalent of about 8 pounds a bale. Will you be charging each livery for a bale, or a percentage of a bale?

One yard I was at bought in big bales, and then re-baled them into normal squares as there were terrific pennypinching tantrums over how much everyone was paying for a share of a round.
mad.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
About £7-10. Round bale straw is an absolute pain, takes up loads of storage, is very messy to use and I would always go for either small bales or large square bales. A small bale of straw is £1.

Dressagebabe

Visit site
Oh my god, you lucky thing, we pay £3.90 per small bale locally and £50 per very large quadrant bale which lasts 1 horse about 7 weeks but these are too big so all my liveries can't have 1 each hence me going for the large round bales as I can have 8 in my feed room and get them delivered every week if needed but the farmer wants £30 per bale which is £5 more than big bale haylage!! He claims it is going up even more as the weather has wrecked the crop for this year. I have just had confirmation from 2 other suppliers wanting very similar prices.