Large, Sturdy Grooming Box's?!

Nakita

Visit site
Hi all,

The past few years I have been through tons of grooming box's bought from local tack shops & a) they are too small, I can't fit my sprays, brushes, oils all in one box and b) they all break after a few months!
I've spent all evening searching for large durable looking grooming box's online but can't find any it's all like small box's or bags ...

Anybody got any suggestions :)?!

x

lizsmith

Visit site
The easi step and carry tack boxes seem very sturdy and hard waring although I use my dad's old tool box (which also had a handy tray in) which i've never had a problem with!
;)

FarriersFriend

Visit site
Hi,

I have the 'step n carry',not sure if that would be big enough for you but I keep all of my grooming kit in it with a spray conditioner,sponge,mit etc.

I like the fact that its robust enough to sit or stand on and has great carry handles. I think it was about £20.00,I've had it a good few years.

Hope this might be of some help to you:)

JustKickOn

Visit site
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=11247782&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372015}/categories%3C{9372043}/categories%3C{9372178}/categories%3C{9392071}/specificationsProductType=toolboxes___trollies

Something like this.
Tough, durable, stand and sit on it. has a handy tray in it too. Available in more sizes etc too.

china

Visit site
i have a step and carry aswell. Have had it ages. Use it as a stand when plaiting up aswell.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
My daughter uses a tool box, she has several but her major one is one with wheels & a handle. You can pick these boxes up relatively cheaply in tool or diy shops , certainly cheaper & better made than thaose available at tack shops. ;)

Django Pony

Visit site
Another vote for the Step n' Carry.
I took the small tray out of it and manage to fit in:
  • Dandy "flick" brush
  • Body brush x 2
  • Metal curry comb
  • Plastic curry comb
  • Rubber mitt thing
  • Mane/tail brush
  • Face brush
  • Furminator
  • Effol 1l Hoof Ointment & brush
  • Hoof picks
  • Small pencil case with plaiting bands and mane comb in
  • Show sheen 500ml
  • Canter Mane and Tail spray 500ml
  • Fly spray 500ml
Dead useful to have it to stand on too, it's really sturdy. I have mine for 2 years now and it's still going strong. Think I paid about £18 for it. Highly recommended!

Last edited:

Dubsie

Visit site
We have a step and carry and it carries all of my 13st on the step, as well as all sorts in the carry.

if you want bigger, Lidl have some nifty tool boxes (black and yellow) with wheels and a handle, and they look like you could cram a lot in the trays, on offer this week at £reasonable.