Larger waterproof jods/breeches

Floxie

Visit site
Does anyone make them? I'm looking for around size 18 (I'm tall! And maybe a little bit fat, but I'm blaming the tall..!) ;)

I need cream/beige/taupe. Not for want of looking, so I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any off the top of their heads!

Decathlon's Kipwarms went nowhere near me, for reference! x

Floxie

Visit site
I have noble outfitters riding tights and absolutely love them, so yes! I didn't realise 'soft shell' implied waterproof, is that the case?

dibbin

Visit site
I got a pair of soft shell ones in either Aldi or Lidl last winter, and they've been brilliant! I'm about an 18 and bought the 32, they're pretty stretchy and have done a good job of keeping me dry. They're fleece lined as well. Mine are navy. It's probably worth keeping an eye out in case they do them again.

jj_87

Visit site
I had a pair of equetech winter breeches, they were so warm and snuggly. and nice and high at the waist.
However I did find them quite slippy on my very sharp and spooky horse even though they had a full seat.
I am going to invest in some of the noble ones this winter as I live in the balance tights.

Floxie

Visit site
I do ride in some of my leggings :) I don't have any waterproof or beige ones, though!

Good to know about some of the other brand sizing - I know I have 'smaller' jods that fit just fine because of the stretch, but you can't guarantee that!

I think I'll save for the Noble Outfitters. It's more money than I have, really, but I do love their tights so it's a good bet! I found some 'traditional tan' greatly reduced but I think they're a bit too dark for hunting :(

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have some hydrophane soft shell ones that I liked hunting in. I do find though that the soft shell has limited stretchiness so I've had to go up a size for thighs...

Floxie

Visit site
The tan is not at all dark, Americans refer to beige as Tan... ;)

It looked pretty dark on the pictures - would I get away with it do you think? I'm used to a lighter beige (though I'd love that colour for 'casual', I can't afford them for that as well..!)

I have some hydrophane soft shell ones that I liked hunting in. I do find though that the soft shell has limited stretchiness so I've had to go up a size for thighs...

Makes sense! May just have to try 'em, cos they certainly don't go much bigger!

jnb

Visit site
It looked pretty dark on the pictures - would I get away with it do you think? I'm used to a lighter beige (though I'd love that colour for 'casual', I can't afford them for that as well..!)

Makes sense! May just have to try 'em, cos they certainly don't go much bigger!

Does this pic help? I dislike pale beige anyway (few people who are over size 10 look great in white, for example)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=n...UIDigB&biw=1280&bih=616#imgrc=WhDo9sUxdkoAnM:

Floxie

Visit site