Laris Farm Riding Centre, Guildford - Opinions Please?

patchypony

Visit site
Evening!

Genuine constructive feedback only please - I have just moved up to Guildford and looking for a yard to ride at as going back to my old one is just too far away and expensive for regular riding.

Can anyone tell me anything about Laris Farm? Or any other riding schools in Guildford for that matter?!

Wine and leftover risotto for you all...

Hattiehorse1

New User
Visit site
Laris is lovely!
Nina (?) who runs it, or did when I was there, is passionate and the instructors, Helen etc, are brilliant. I'm very shy and usually find lessons stressful but always enjoyed my time at Laris. The horses are well trained and not worked to regularly so they never felt 'stale' to me.

Admittedly I haven't been there for quite a few years now but I very much doubt there has been a change in ethos.

HannahJ

Visit site
I don't have any first hand experience but know of a couple of people that go there or have been there in the past and haven't heard anything negative about it!

Sorry I can't give you any more detail, I hope you find somewhere nice to ride :)

patchypony

Visit site
Thanks both - everything I have found looks really good. Really want to get back into regular riding so I can get my stages under my belt and this place looks ideal!

fairyclare

Visit site
Nina is wonderful! She taught me when I was in Pony club (some 18 years ago!!) she also taught my mum, who was on a very flighty thoroughbred and was returning to riding after a 15year break!!

You won't go far wrong at Laris farm.
Its actually Chobham though, which is lovely for hacking on the common if you get the chance.

Jojoeena

Visit site
Really good, Fab instructors, good horses, they also have the mechanical horse for position work which is great - highly recommend !!

molly7886

Visit site
While my own horse was off work I went to Laris just to keep my hand in. I really liked it. Quite small so not huge selection of horses but those I rode were forward and well schooled. The group I was on rotated between flat lesson/jump lesson and hacking which I liked.
You had to do an assessment on a simulator first which was quite weird but I think it's not a bad thing for them to see whether you actually have an independent seat before letting you an a living animal!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Laris Farm is pretty good as local RS's go :)
They also have a mech horse, brilliant for getting you fit or in bad weather.

They did have waiting lists for both children & adults around Easter time, tho you would stand a good-ish chance of getting in for weekday daytime sessions :)