Larkhill

sarahs

Visit site

Has anyone been to Larkhill BE, Whats it like?
Anyone doing the event coming up?
Im entered and starting to get nervous now, have been searching eventing websites for course pictures but cant find any ! If anyone has any that they could load up that would be amazing !

Sx

evsj

Visit site
I used to be stabled there and I absolutely loved it so probably v. biased! I can't do pictures (live in Kent now). The course is on really well-drained going which rarely gets heavy, even after the worsed rain. It is a bit exposed though.

The fences are solidly built and there is a water complex in a wooded area which is pretty shallow. The course is on gently undulately ground, there are no hills as such and you can see pretty much all of it from the start area. The dressage arenas are on flat well-drained soil but it is a bit exposed so if your horse is prone to looking at stuff like mine, you may have to work harder to keep their concentration! SJ arena was on a paddock with a gentle slope to one side but it could be different this year.

My tip would be to add on 20 mins to your journey time because the track down to the actual box park from the main road takes about that long to get down it. Not that it is a bad track, it just goes all around the back of the camp.

Hope this helps, I am very envious + wish I could go back there. Have a good day.

lorenababbit

Visit site
its a lovely track. open and galloping with straightforward fences and the ground is usually good. gets a bit cold if its windy though, you have been warned!

sarahs

Visit site
Thank you so much, doesnt sound to scary. My boy hates open spaces so I think I might have an challenging day! Also hates water, but the water doesnt sound to bad there.
Do you know roughly how long it will take from Guildford?
Doesnt seem to far on the AA website but we all know what liars route planners can be !

Tangaroo

Visit site
I am doing the intro. How about you? I have been up there for unaffiliated events and it is a really nice course so i am quite looking forward to it. Like everyone says thought it can be very cold!

sarahs

Visit site
Im doing the Intro aswell, I dont do "Cold" so im dreading it ! Plenty of oil of olay and vaseline - being an office bod my skin cant take the harsh horsey weather! and end up coming into work on a monday looking like a climbed everest at the weekend!
Is the intro course nice?

S

BID

Visit site
Hi, I am going from Pulborough and I will allow 2 hours but shouldn't take that long. The water is not bad there and although it is in a wood it is inviting. What section are you in?

sarahs

Visit site
Im section N, my horse is called Uvin, its our first event together so I really dont know if its going to go to plan ! He's a show jumper, who evented with his previous owner but had an awful time ! (eliminated once for rider falling off twice!!!) Ive done a lot of work on him since and am taking him to tweseldown to do a hunter trial this saturday as a bit of a warm up.
What section are you?

BID

Visit site
I'm in section K, we had a bad year with our sj last year so starting at the beginning again. Worked hard all winter so fingers crossed. I am also doing the hunter trial at twsldn on sat, I am doing the 3' class.

sarahs

Visit site
oh thats what im doing ! Ill be wearing Navy with pink stars on a massive dark bay horse, say Hi if you see me ! Ill be looking very sick and grey ! But someone to talk to will take my mind off what lays ahead !
My show jumping im not worried about, the dressage makes me feel violently ill - if you see me on saturday you will see why !

lorenababbit

Visit site
from guilford take about an hour and a half it is far side of andover slightly depends how long will take you to get to M3 but it is only a few mins off dual carrriage way.

Bossanova

Visit site
Got one in the PN, was balloted from the intro on the other
mad.gif

Nice track, intro is v easy, water is a little dark as you pop into some woods but is just a walk through.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Boss - you are in same section as me. Day before dressage - great!
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*fun* At least I only live 15mins away
smirk.gif

Mel85

Visit site
I don't!!! I live just over an hour away...not ideal really! Hope my mare does a decent test again to make it worth it!!! Her first PN...was planning 3 intro runs before, but as B&W was cancelled and I'm still waitlisted for Belmont, looks like Moreton will be the only intro run she's going to get! Not quite what I had in mind...!!!!

Saf

community.webshots.com
Hi Sarah
You will be fine, just wish my season would get started
confused.gif
just missed the ballot for SOE and Hambleden, oh well SJ it is then
smile.gif

See you at the weekend
C and S x

sarahs

Visit site

Hello lovely !
No I want some eventing friends ! You cant show jump all season ! ! ! Please !!!
Actually Larkhill will probably be a nightmare, me and uvey baby will probably retire back to show jumping !
Im looking forward to a dressage score in the 40's ! Look up his record its a nightmare !
Me and uvey will see you and saf on saturday when we move in !!!! Exciting
Sxxxxxxxx