LATEST NEWS JUST IN!!!!

tania01

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I just have to say - those pics of your horse "sitting down" are amazing!!! (in your siggie) i love it and am now off to see if I can get Whisper to do it lol

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Thank you very much.
smile.gif
He is so laid back bless him ,he sits like that alot.
grin.gif

brummel

Visit site
Copied and Pasted:

Just had it confirmed from a neighbour (who also happens to be a magistrate) that because JG has appealed (and because his prison sentence was short) the law dictated that he had to be released on bail pending the appeal.

I can assure anyone that might be concerned, that today's event is in no way a victory for James Gray...it's just a general, legal formality that no judge had the power to overturn. So quite honestly, I'm not quite sure what Patty is so overjoyed about...after all, it was common knowledge that JG would appeal.

punk

Visit site
Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Because as far as I can see, all the sentences have been suspended until after the appeal. Think that means on the whole family - but only Gray senior has conditions attached - leaving the others to do what they like?!
confused.gif

Maybe I'm wrong tho.......?runs away!
blush.gif

harrygg

New User
Visit site
As far as I am aware, all have conditions attached to bail. Reason that they are released on bail pending appeal against conviction and then appeal against crown court is due to fact they were on bail during original investigation and trial and there were not any reasons to remand them which could not be satisfied by bail conditions. Bailing someone does not have anything to do with duration of custodial sentence; people can be remanded in custody even if their offence is not punishable by a custodial sentence.

Breaching any of those condition would lead to separate offence under the Bail Act and commission of any further offences whilst on bail are always treated as more serious.

Defendants always have right of appeal and have to lodge any appeal against conviction or sentence with 21 days of the sentencing.

Have to say that if I were on JG's defence team I would not be advising appeal against conviction but then solicitors and barristers always have to act on their client's instructions, however stupid those instructions might be!

Harry.

brummel

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
....solicitors and barristers always have to act on their client's instructions, however stupid those instructions might be!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's also what I've been told, together with the probable reason why bail was granted. This would be because of JG's short sentence, he would most likely have completed the sentence before the appeal went to court. If by any chance he won the appeal, this would mean he had served time in prison as an innocent person.

At lease that's how I interpreted the information given to me.

moralcampaigner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....solicitors and barristers always have to act on their client's instructions, however stupid those instructions might be!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's also what I've been told, together with the probable reason why bail was granted. This would be because of JG's short sentence, he would most likely have completed the sentence before the appeal went to court. If by any chance he won the appeal, this would mean he had served time in prison as an innocent person.

At lease that's how I interpreted the information given to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is right, however, maybe Harry could confirm this for me, I was under the impression that he was given the maximum jail term he could be under the sentencing guidelines so even if he appeals his sentance could be time served or quashed, but he cant get more. Is this right Harry?

maybedaisy

Visit site
Did he get the maximum sentence though. Almost everyone appeals its not a big deal. When he loses his appeal, and he will back to prison he goes. If he had been kept inside it would have been deducted from his sentence.

He's probably busy liquidating his assets to avoid paying his court bill.

Paddywhack

Visit site
" Anyone who is cruel to an animal, or does not provide for its welfare needs, may be banned from owning animals, fined up to £20,000 and/or sent to prison"