laying a stable floor

Anglebracket

Visit site
My horse's stable floor currently consists of hardcore with rubber matting on top. I would like to add a concrete base. Does anyone have any experience with this? In particular I would like to know what sort of concrete mixture I should use? Thanks for reading.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
3:2:1 of sand:gravel:cement, or just get someone to deliver your concrete in a nice big truck, they will be able to help you with the mixes. ;)

I helped my dad lay all the concrete for our stables (although I'm not sure if that was the exact mix he used!) and the tap-tapping of the cement can be quite fun (as can leaving your hand print in it ;) )

Olivio

www.thekickinghorse.co.uk
No idea re the mix but laying concrete is great fun! I left horse shoes, my name, footprints, hand prints..... I was really upset when me moved! Be warned though, however you decorate it, it will be there for a long time - I'm now a (trying to be grown up) accountant and a potential client came in that turned out to be living in my old house, can you imagine what they thought of me when they found out it was my handywork!