Le Chameau/Aigle/Wide calves

AFB

Visit site
Sorry to post YET another welly question thread!

I'm finding myself wearing wellies more and more often and my Barbours just aren't up to the job so I'd like to buy a pair of LC's or Aigles.

I'm leaning towards the LC's as I have vouchers for a shop stocking them about 45 mins away, but their size charts etc. are useless (unless I'm being dense, in which case can someone point me in the right directions?) and I can't find a decent calf width guide at all, other than on the LC website a pair of mens has a 39 option and the ladies that come in different calf width's seem to go up to 38.

In my dog walking attire (skinny jeans and winter socks) my calves are approx. 40cm at the widest point - I didn't think this was excessive(?) but seems to be by LC standards if the above is correct - so nipped on the Aigle website and their Parcours seem to come in a 41 calf width as standard. Seems a pretty big disparity between the brands.

Confused - what do I buy!

The Jokers Girl

Visit site
I have recently bought a pair of le chameaux and highly rate them. They do come up big. I'm a size 5 with a wide calf and wanted to wear thick socks so got the size 6 and even with ski socks or some thermal wool socks they were big. Unless you have calves like tree trunks just go for your normal shoe size. The ones i got, something or other prestige, had the adjustable leather strap at top of welly and even done up on tightest they are loose so now store me phone in top of my boot ?

Annagain

Visit site
Can't help with LCs but I have big calves (have to buy wide calf boots) and the Aigles are plenty big enough. I barely have the gusset opened up at all, I reckon I'd have at least another 5 or 6 cms if I needed them.

ihatework

Visit site
I’ve had both, always had the Aigles historically, current pair are Chameau as I got them in a sale. I need XW calf and both come up pretty similar.

Not much to choose between them in other respects. Overall I think I found the Aigles more comfy in a long days beating

onlytheponely

Visit site
I have both, love the Aigles, only wear the Chameaus when the Aigles need to dry out. I have wide calves and the Aigles are far more comfortable for me.

Horses_Rule

Visit site
I prefer the aigles my first pair lasted 3 good years of working on yards wearing them 7 days a week, then I went for a Lc and they only lasted a year. So have gone back to aigles and onto my 3rd pair now and wouldn’t go for anything else they’re so comfy.

oldie48

Visit site
Just to add that I have just bought my first pair of Aigles (Parcour), I can't help with the calf size as I have skinny legs but they are quite generous in foot size and very comfortable to walk in.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I have huge calves and I have the Le Chameau Vierzonord boots, and they fit lovely. I'm a shoe size 6 (39) and that's the smallest size in that model.

AFB

Visit site
Sorry to have posted & run - I did read all replies on my phone but struggled to reply.

I ended up buying the Aigle Parcours ISO 2, found a good deal on Amazon (£116) and was confident they would fit based on the size guide so ordered and they have just arrived. I LOVE them, sitting here in them as I type and they feel like slippers, they fit perfectly and are so light and comfortable.

Annoyingly they were waiting at my front door when I got back from walking the dog, so they'll wait until tomorrow to be tested properly (our evening walks are usually pavement pounding so won't be much of a test!).

oliveradam

New User
Visit site
Hi, everyone I newly started skiing, it's like dream comes true
but I have an issue in getting my ski shoes, I wanted to know that what will you guys suggest me as a new comer, which type of shoes I should get? Tell me and thanks to all in advance