Le Chameau

Splash2310

Visit site
After my Barbour wellies not even lasting a year without the backs rubbing out, I’m now in the market for a new pair.

I think I have decided on Le Chameau brand-wise, but I’m not sure which are the best pair to go for.

Ideally want to spend below £200, so I think that leaves me with the wool-lined, neoprene lined, or the giverny(?)

Does anyone have any recommendations? I tend to also wear my wellies in the spring/summer as yard boots unless it’s super hot - so not sure if that would render the wool/neoprenes too hot?

Any advice or even other brand recommendations appreciated!

chaps89

Visit site
I have the vibram which is sort of their entry level pair and I love them. I'm on my 3rd pair in about 10 years, they're worn most days and are comfy and last well.

I haven't ever bought the neoprene ones for the reasons you mention - as I wear them all year round I'd rather out extra/thicker socks on in winter and still be able to use the same wellies in warmer weather but that might be personal preference.

Sprig

Visit site
I found my neoprene Le Chameau's too hot and sweaty and they are also really heavy. I have Aigle Parcours now and much prefer them (and they are half the price!).

Ashgrove

www.facebook.com
I have the Vibram neoprene lined boots, I wear them all year round, I don't find them to hot in summer and they keep my feet perfectly warm in the winter. They will be about 10 years old.
I wouldn't have anything else.

Last edited:

Farmer Chalk

Visit site
Try this....

https://www.philipmorrisdirect.co.uk/footwear-clearance/le-chameau-sale

These are the cheapest around at the moment...great prices...

the cuir versions are beautifully comfortable and we wear ours continuously at this time of year!

only world of warning ..as they are natural rubber don’t leave them on the doorstep in sunlight...they will perish but you won’t find a more comfortable pair of wellies!

Splash2310

Visit site
Thanks for all of your helpful comments and advice! Finally got around to ordering a pair today off Rideaway having failed to find a pair of size 8s anywhere else!

I went for the jersey lined Vierzon, and they should arrive tomorrow - very excited!