Le Mieux Bridles

holeymoley

Visit site
Dare I ask, what are the thoughts on these?

I quite like the competition one. I was gobsmacked at the price of the grackle when I see it in a shop, but it did feel nice. Are they worth the price tag? Do they come up big, small? The working one is nice too however I'm not a fan of clip cheek pieces.

Abacus

Visit site
It may not apply to the bridles but I have a leMieux headcollar in full and it is very large. But it's nice leather and has lasted well over about 10 years of not being especially well cared for.

Polos

Visit site
I looked at these at burghley (specifically the work bridle) and thought the leather was butter soft but would be intrigued on how it stands up to daily use. I quite liked the look of the reins too particularly as they are one of the few that came in cob size. Just wish they did fancy stitch ones!

I went on a massive bridle hunt last year and ended up settling for an equiline one which i quite like but can’t comment on longevity as only used it a handful of times before my mare went out of work.

HashRouge

Visit site
We used a couple on the pro yard I worked at as competition bridles and I really, really liked them. Size wise I'm not sure though, as I was the home groom so mainly my job was cleaning them when they got back! Beautiful leather though, definitely the sort of thing I'd treat myself to!

holeymoley

Visit site
So far so good! I just need to part with the cash now…

I think the working one has too many clips for me, maybe too busy around the face. Looks like I’ll have to cough up extra for the competition one!