Le Mieux half pads - sizing help please :)

Booga22

Visit site
Hello!!

I am on the hunt for a 'new' half pad & would like to get a Le Mieux. However, can anyone help with the sizing?

I recently tried a Medium half lined numnah under my 17" jump saddle but it was far too small, but a lot of people selling medium half pads reckon they are ok under 17" saddles.....

So, my question is - what size do you guys use under your 17 or even 17.5" saddles please?

Thanking you muchly :)

PorkChop

Visit site
I have 18" jumping saddles and I use the large size they only just fit though so I would think you would be fine with a large on your 17" saddle.

peanut

Visit site
I have large one for my 17.5 dressage saddle and wouldn't want it any smaller.

Better to be fractionally big than too small.

DirectorFury

Visit site
I had a large on my 17.5 saddle as the medium was much too short. I've got a medium for use under a 16.5" saddle and it just about fits - I'm not sure it would work on a 17.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Not the half pad but the half lined sheepskin numnah. The Lemiux large was too small for an 18". It had the rolled edge and with those I find you need slightly bigger or the edge of the saddle sits on the edge of the sheepskin creating a ridge that digs in.

I also have a horsedreams/Christ one and that comes up bigger so the large/full was fine on the same saddle.

Jo1987

Visit site
I have a large under a 17", to look at its seems slightly too big, but I do think a medium would be too small and would be sitting too much on the rolled edge.

Booga22

Visit site
Thanks for all your replies guys - I think I will stick with my gut instinct & get a large, like you say, much better that it's a little too big than t'other way around.
Now it's a case of finding one! Thanks again :)

leflynn

Visit site
I use the large saddle pads under my 17 inch jumping saddle as I think the med would be too small, also have a large half pad too, would rather it a big big than too small :)