Le Mieux numnahs for showing

pootleperkin

Visit site
Hullo all,

I have now found G a saddle for showing - I picked up an Albion Legend VSD for a good price which is perfect, so I'm very happy.

I now need to sort out what he is going to wear under it.

I have been looking at the Le Mieux showing numnahs - probably in the WH shape for this saddle - and can't decide to go for one of those, which might be limited for other use, or perhaps try a merino Le Mieux full Monty - which are pretty expensive (did save some money on the saddle though!). I have looked at the nuumed WH full pad which looks ok and is reasonable (£65), but have read on other threads that the Le Mieux is far better quality and less seams for rubbing.

Have also thought about Courtlea hand made ones, but again, are they much use for anything other than showing, as I do more jumping and dressage than the former!

Also colour - pretty much black horse and saddle is v dark brown/black, so black seems to be the way to go.

Any girth recommendations too?

Phew,

Thanks all!

Hattikins

Visit site
Showing people rave about courtlea but i just couldnt justify the cost. I have now bought 2 lemieux showing numnahs, one worker (for jump saddle) and one straight cut (for worker show saddle). I am really pleased with them, fantastic quality and saddle and numnah just don't move. The steward at SFAS commented on how lovely it was! How forward cut is your show saddle as i would recommend going for the straight cut version unless it is more of a jump saddle cut as the working hunter model fits perfectly under my forward cut jump saddle. :)

Mickyjoe

Visit site
Another vote for the Le Mieux... We have the dressage square with sheepskin, two half lined brown jumping numnahs for workers and the showing numnahs. They are terrific and last and last and last.

pootleperkin

Visit site
Hattikins - the saddle is a VSD - I have tried it with GP cut numnahs underneath and they fit fine - straight cut dressage squares cut behind the knee roll. I'm guessing from your description, the the normal show numnah will be fine. Don't you think I might get more use out of the full monty cotton/wool numnah, as I'm sure it will look ok.....that's really my dilemma - oh and horse health don't have the black show numnah in my size.....just the brown :(

Hattikins

Visit site
Hattikins - the saddle is a VSD - I have tried it with GP cut numnahs underneath and they fit fine - straight cut dressage squares cut behind the knee roll. I'm guessing from your description, the the normal show numnah will be fine. Don't you think I might get more use out of the full monty cotton/wool numnah, as I'm sure it will look ok.....that's really my dilemma - oh and horse health don't have the black show numnah in my size.....just the brown

hmm its difficult to tell, I originally bought the WH cut for my WH saddle but it looked very strange as the sheepskin ended up wrapping around the knee rolls of the saddle as it was too forward cut. The Show version is very straight cut though and fits my WH saddle fine but whether it would be too straight cut for a VSD I'm not sure :/ So long as the numnah you choose is as discrete as possible under the saddle it really doesn't matter what you go for. :) Normally if i were to buy a non showing numnah for a saddle for used in the show ring I would buy a size smaller than suggested and then you get a snugger fit. As for colour, my lemieux brown numnahs are very dark, if you have a brown saddle go for a brown numnah, have a few photos of it if you want to see it under a brown saddle?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have the nummed sheepskin half pad one in brown as I show in a dressage saddle and the working hunter ones are never long enough, I agree if your saddle is brown get a brown one a black numnah will look odd on a brown saddle

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I have a lemieux full monty GP on my VSD saddle and it fits perfectly (albeit a bit short for the back now as I have shrunk it a bit over the years!- so I only use it for showing these days- partly because a bit shorter makes his back look a little less short too ;) ).

They are lovely and I would like another but this one was bought when they were on offer for £60 at badders and justifying full price is difficult for me.

284271_10150235219505882_7652155_n.jpg

eta a diff better pic!

If it helps this is a nuumed GP Full on the same saddle (the lemieux is a medium). - pony was having a moment but shows it best!

197150_10150110648515882_4440339_n.jpg

Last edited:

Moomin1

Visit site
Nope, not these days moomin, not the donebthing, plus new saddle needs a pad underneath, as not a perfect fit.

Shame really, I think they look a bit rubbish in the show ring, but then I am old fashioned in that respect! ;):eek:

Can't help you otherwise unfortunately, given that I haven't braved a ridden as yet! :eek: