Le Mieux or Shires Headcollar

Stenners

Visit site
I am undecided between the Le Mieux Vogue headcollar or the Shires Topaz or Padded Headcollar. Horse is Irish breeding. Anyone have any preference or other headcollars they love?

twobearsarthur

Visit site
The Le Mieux ones are really very nice. I have friends who have those. TBH I use whatever’s lying around or the cheapest and have a nice leather one for best (it was a thoughtful gift from a friend) My horses have no shame in destroying them so cheap and cheerful does the job now.

Skib

sites.google.com
I bought a Shires good leather headcollar for my share mare and dismantled it and oiled it as instructed. I thought it was horrible to start with and apologised to the mare, but it has weathered and softened and after 2 years of being out at night, I really like it now.

But my own head collars are either USA rope ones or UK plain webbing. It is easier to thread webbing though a buckle.

When I first met the share she had a fluffy Le Mieux one, which I disliked becvause it soaked up rain water like a sponge. It was a gift from a chld and therefore could not be changed whle that child remained on the yard.
But adults have more money to lavish on the horses they love than school children do.

Stenners

Visit site
I bought a Shires good leather headcollar for my share mare and dismantled it and oiled it as instructed. I thought it was horrible to start with and apologised to the mare, but it has weathered and softened and after 2 years of being out at night, I really like it now.

But my own head collars are either USA rope ones or UK plain webbing. It is easier to thread webbing though a buckle.

When I first met the share she had a fluffy Le Mieux one, which I disliked becvause it soaked up rain water like a sponge. It was a gift from a chld and therefore could not be changed whle that child remained on the yard.
But adults have more money to lavish on the horses they love than school children do.
I do like the Le Mieux ones and mine wouldn’t ever be left out in the rain!

D

Deleted member 150717

I have always loved a Lemieux Headcollar never failed to do the job and with style!

D

Deleted member 150717

the fleece on the le mieux tends to look grotty very quickly so I avoid them
My ones fleece and mine isn’t dirty and had it a few years now.. if mine did I would just put it in the washing machine.