Le Mieux Pads

Stenners

Visit site
Who uses these and what type do you use? I've only used the cotton ones so far and I really like them. I do like the ones with merino on the withers. I do like the look of the Loire ones too.

I want to expand my collection but unsure on colours! Does anyone have photos of any on a duns/palominos/chestnuts?!

So far I have a black GP but just got a jumping saddle so changing to CC and I have 1 grey dressage square (with merino wither! )

usaequestrian

Visit site
I think @Spangles mentioned in their thread that the Le Mieux pads cause rubs over time. I've never bought a Le Mieux pad, so I can't give my opinion, but rubs are not things to be trifled with! I think forest green looks REALLY good on light-colored horses in my opinion.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I only have issues with rubs this time of year, but generally anything rubs him this time of year.

Otherwise they do wash well and I've had some for many years.

Birker2020

Visit site
I've never had issues with rubs. I prefer the white ones for SJ with the half pad sheepskin but bright bays look particuarly good in burgundy too.

The one I really want is this

1646129526459.png

sunleychops

Visit site
I've got a fair few LM ones and they tend to rub at the back of the saddle around coat change time but thats it.

I think the colours have been strung out as far as they will go and now they're just recycling the old ones and people still going mental for them!

The Premier Equine ones look nice also tbh

Stenners

Visit site
I think @Spangles mentioned in their thread that the Le Mieux pads cause rubs over time. I've never bought a Le Mieux pad, so I can't give my opinion, but rubs are not things to be trifled with! I think forest green looks REALLY good on light-colored horses in my opinion.
Unfortunately I really don't like green! But I agree it does look nice on some!

CatInTheSaddle

Visit site
I have a (possibly excessive) collection of suede and Loire pads. My oldest ones have easily lasted 5 or so years, though the suede ones have started to pill slightly. I wash them regularly to prevent rubs. I wouldn't recommend the memory foam pads; they aren't as secure without the d-ring straps. However the Loire pads are really nice.
As for colours, I like Ink, Mulberry, Peacock, Sage and Rose on a chestnut! The more neutral colours (Mink, Truffle, Navy, Grey) tend to work on anything. But just go for colours you like!

Stenners

Visit site
I have a (possibly excessive) collection of suede and Loire pads. My oldest ones have easily lasted 5 or so years, though the suede ones have started to pill slightly. I wash them regularly to prevent rubs. I wouldn't recommend the memory foam pads; they aren't as secure without the d-ring straps. However the Loire pads are really nice.
As for colours, I like Ink, Mulberry, Peacock, Sage and Rose on a chestnut! The more neutral colours (Mink, Truffle, Navy, Grey) tend to work on anything. But just go for colours you like!
Never tried the Loire, I've heard things about them making the saddle slip.

greenbean10

Visit site
I do like Le Mieux pads but there's no comparison compared to brands like Ps of Sweden. The main thing I found is that the pads are slightly too small, and my horse's pro lite extends beyond the back of the pad.

But my favourite colours are Benetton Blue and Mink :D I have simple taste!

Stenners

Visit site
I do like Le Mieux pads but there's no comparison compared to brands like Ps of Sweden. The main thing I found is that the pads are slightly too small, and my horse's pro lite extends beyond the back of the pad.

My favourite is Blackcurrent - that's our XC colours! I do like the simple, black, navy and grey too!

bouncing_ball

Visit site

isn’t the PS of Sweden a bit thick and bulky? And a lot more ££££

I find lemieux saddle cloths in full size plenty big enough for my 18 inch saddle?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I actually have the issue of the Equestrian Stockholm and PS of Sweden pads being too big on my compact horse. The cob is then usually too small for the saddle somehow (in drop or spine length - 17.5 dressage saddle). The LeMieux Large/Full size is just right in its dimensions and thickness,.which is not much at all.

So, totally depends on your saddle, horse, and preferences.

holeymoley

Visit site
I've never had issues with rubs. I prefer the white ones for SJ with the half pad sheepskin but bright bays look particuarly good in burgundy too.

The one I really want is this

View attachment 88393
I had this one but sold it on as wasn't a fan of the fit under the saddle but it was lovely quality. I have the pads in a few colours- plum, ice blue, blush pink and lavender which I my favourite.

greenbean10

Visit site
isn’t the PS of Sweden a bit thick and bulky? And a lot more ££££

I find lemieux saddle cloths in full size plenty big enough for my 18 inch saddle?

Ps of Sweden are thick but I love them. A lot more expensive but all the ones I've got have been in the half price sale so the same as Le Mieux, they actually have sales on quite often.

I don't know why but I always find Le Mieux too small, and I have a 17" saddle! My prolite sticks out the back over the edge. The size of the PS of Sweden suits me much better.

daisy_rosie_eq

New User
Visit site
I have a slight addiction to le mieux ?
This is Dijon, bluebell and azure on my bay section c. She is quite overweight and I can't get the weight off her and have a 42 girth and 44 girth for her. I find the le mieux pads great because if her belly gets bigger they still fit just as well

Attachments

• IMG_20220306_183538_152.jpg
    IMG_20220306_183538_152.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220306_183539_803.jpg
    IMG_20220306_183539_803.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220316_200248_844.jpg
    IMG_20220316_200248_844.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210508_222707.jpg
    IMG_20210508_222707.jpg