Le Trec report + Video :)

kateknights

Visit site
Ok guys, Took Tom to our first ever Le Trec competition today.

It was indoor, in a place where we have been before, so we were quite looking forward to it really.

We were the first in :eek:, which was a bit nerve wracking to say the least, so we walked in there looking at all the spooky things before we started.
Tom wondered why i was so nervous as he just took it all in his stride :D.

1-So we started off with a canter, brill, struck off on the right leg (which makes a change), Then popped a jump :p
2- trotted through two narrow poles, no probs.
3-Went up to the scarey panda, sat in a trolley, that had to be moved to a chair, I dismounted for this one, as Ted was a bit too low down for my liking, (I don't bend as well as i used to!)
4-Stayed dismounted we had to walk inside an s bend of poles, i mucked this one up as i walked on the outside! :mad:
5- Remount, no problem but too slow
6-Stand inside a circle and drop reins, I didn't drop the reins, I don't know why! (lesson learnt for next time!)
7- Gate, Tom's scared for poles, and string and flappy things so we didn't do too good at this one, but what he did i was pleased with, as he got a lot closer than i thought he would.
8-Bending, no probs :D
9- Backup, no probs :D
10-Walk fastish, yey we did it :D

So that's my report, I have never done one before so sorry if it's a bit bitty, but you get the idea.
Thanks for reading, hope the video works
Kate x

rhino

Visit site
Well done, clever Tom pony (mine is Tam so I may be biased :p)!

A lovely calm round :D He really wasn't fazed at all, was he? I was laughing at the Panda, on my last Trec we had to rescue a toy cat from a tree only Tam decided to grab it and then wouldn't let me take it back :mad: :rolleyes: :D

When's your next Trec then, and are you going to do a full one?

rhino

Visit site
Thanks so much for posting this, I've been wondering what Le Trec actually involves. reminds me of handy pony :D Lovely round :)

This is just a few of the obstacles you would expect to find on the PTV section of a proper Trec, plus the canter and walk that you need for COP (Control of Paces). For full Trecs the best part is the POR - orienteering, from 12 km for level 1 upwards :D

It's a good winter practice to do the indoor Trecs though :)