'Leading Lady Riders'

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Your logic is deeply flawed :( Have you any idea how few rights women in those countries have?!!!!!!!!!!! Feminism is the fight for equality for women in every country, not just the UK.

Have you any idea how few rights the men in those countries have ? Men feel hunger, pain and humiliation just as much as women. It's human condition, not a feminist condition. Let's talk about equality for all, not just some.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I was at Hickstead on the Saturday (ladies day) and I think it was just silly. I have nothing against the competition, if that's what floats your boat then all for you, no-one is obliged to partake,and some of them looked really lovely.. but it is a horse show at the end of the day. There is mud, it's a long walk around the showground, the floor isn't even, it had and did rain and it looked silly to have most people dressed in jods/jeans, a jacket and yard boots and then have people tottering around in stilettos, dresses and hats. At the races, yes.. the floor is level, its concrete, most people stand in the same spot for much of the day and everyone is fairly fancy.. but not at a show.

No to mention they couldn't get to the RIHS rings due to the mud and the standing being grass, and they couldn't get to the shopping comfortably as that was on grass too and many of them were sinking, ditto with the food stands. Plus I had the silly doris in the most OTT hat sit in front of me in the grandstand.. :p

Last edited:

EventingMum

Visit site
I think it's very outdated now. Many moons ago when I competed (SJ) there were ladies and gents championships here in Scotland which qualified for the Queen Elizabeth and King George cups respectively. As others have said equestrianism is proud of genders competing on equal terms so the differences shouldn't be of any consequence.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Are there still any women only competitions at HOYS or Olympia?