Leaking PE rug

Summit

Visit site
Got my horse in this mornimy and really peeved to see that my 0gm Lucanta rug, which is only 7 weeks old, had leaked like a sieve. Whole back area :mad:. Thankfully he had a liner on which was wet on the outer so had saved him but pretty disgraceful.

do I have grounds for a refund after such a short time? Have taken photos.

Reactions: TPO

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
We used to have PE rugs at work, heavy when dry and really heavy when wet, plus they leaked very quickly.

I have had a Rhino for 16 years, never washed and always waterproof. Got 2 more last year, just starting 2nd winter, no leaks. Not that much more expensive either.

I would defo go for a refund. Useless if not waterproof.

TPO

Visit site
Good luck, I found PE horrendous to deal with and their customer service is non existent.

The first time I took a new rug out of the bag and put onto a horse said horse was turned out and dropped to roll. The belly strap tab (where it was stitched onto the rug) fell straight off. There were no rocks/stones or anything to catch it, it was just that badly stitched.

I took it straight off the horse and sent customer service photos along with proof of purchase etc and the replies were rude and dismissive. Apparently they can't account for horses rolling and it was my fault for not checking ALL stitching before putting it in the horse.

Absolute barge pole and haven't bought a thing from them since.

Summit

Visit site
Defo won’t be using them again :mad:Had to go and buy a budget lightweight rug today as my others would’ve been too warm for him.

surely after 7 weeks they can’t refuse a refund :rolleyes:....I’ll be calling them first thing tomorrow

TPO

Visit site
Defo won’t be using them again :mad:Had to go and buy a budget lightweight rug today as my others would’ve been too warm for him.

surely after 7 weeks they can’t refuse a refund :rolleyes:....I’ll be calling them first thing tomorrow

It was circa 2011 that I had my issue with them and social media wasnt what it is now. The threat of news spreading via social media will hopefully mean that they have improved their customer service 🤞🏻

terrierliz

Visit site
I had an issue after a couple of days and they basically told me that the seams were not waterproof so the rain had got through where the tail flap was joined on, wouldn't entertain a refund or exchange, just quoted BETA standards to me.

Esmae

Visit site
Most definitely demand a refund. Not fit for purpose are the key words to use. If they don't respond in a favourable way then sue them through small claims. That is what I would do anyway.

Southern

Visit site
I had a Rambo Duo leak at the seams after the first heavy rainfall. Was difficult to resolve as the shop I bought it from was trying to put the onus on me to deal with Horseware direct. Not happening!!
Eventually got a refund after I quoted the law and threatened to report them. So annoying when they leak.

tiahatti

Visit site
I have got a similar issue with Rhinegold. I bought a light 0 fill turnout for my old lady. She started wearing it on chilly days & the first time she wore it in the rain, it leaked and she was totally soaked. I was very dismayed. The rug is useless. Rhinegold have also been very dismissive. I was told in a curt email from them to take it to a saddlery to be tested!

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
I am very happy with PE customer service and their rugs, so far - I bought several new rugs of them back in the summer- and among them two fly rugs. One fly rug split at stitching along the top of the leg dart, easily repaired but even so it was badly stitched in that area - I sent pictures to them and they told me to keep the rug but gave me a full refund. what more could you ask for - excellent response. I have only had the Buster and Titan style and never had a problem with leaking, I wonder if it is the ones that are lighter denier material that are the problem? either way it shouldn't; be happening.

asmp

Visit site
Know how you feel. After raving about my Ruggles rug to everyone, my no fill one is useless - the rain goes straight through it. Are any no fill rugs waterproof for long?

TPO

Visit site
Know how you feel. After raving about my Ruggles rug to everyone, my no fill one is useless - the rain goes straight through it. Are any no fill rugs waterproof for long?

My shires tempest LW rugs have been awesome in this non stop heavy rain we've been having.

Fiona

Visit site
My PE buster rugs of various weights have always been amazing...

However the LW rugs I have at the moment are derby house and Ruggles and all 3 are letting in along the spine 😭😭 All under 3 yo, none ever washed..

I've replaced them with ruggles 50g and 100g, but if they leak, I will be sticking to PE from now on and stocking up when their sales are on.

Good luck OP.

Fiona

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I used to use PE and was always very happy with them.

What denier is the rug?

Actually, I think the Og is only 800 denier, so would be shower proof, not completely waterproof.

dogatemysalad

Visit site

I have two Rhino no fill rugs and they are brilliant. They're able to withstand monsoon rain without leaking.

paddy555

Visit site
Good luck, I found PE horrendous to deal with and their customer service is non existent.

same here but they did try to help me, they sent me a 10% off voucher so I could buy a new rug!! erm, no thanks. Never ever again.