Leasing a Lorry - does anyone

Clannad48

Visit site
Hi,

We are considering changing from the trailer back to a lorry, we need something that can be driven on a B License so looking at the smaller versions but need something that can take 1 17hh horse. I have looked at lorries to buy but having been caught out it the past I am now considering leasing a lorry, so that takes out all the MOT/Plate servicing issues.

Does anyone lease, if so what were the pitfalls/benefits, and more importantly how do the costings work out against buying on HP

Nativelover

Visit site
The ones I've seen advertised for long term lease have been £650-£750 pcm for a minimum of 6 months. Perhaps other places may be cheaper or have different terms but it always seemed very pricey to me.

Abacus

Visit site
It seemed to make more sense to me to go down the finance route to buy a better lorry than I could afford outright (approx £400 pcm compared with over £600 to lease). I hate finance and have never done it for cars or anything, but I am also tired of my older lorries breaking down, and I don't have £20k+ to buy a decent one outright. So finance made more sense - at least you own it at the end.

Frumpoon

Visit site
It's getting the wretched finance though, the only finance companies I know of only really lend to people who don't need to borrow....

popsdosh

Visit site
It's getting the wretched finance though, the only finance companies I know of only really lend to people who don't need to borrow....

Will be same for leasing it is only another form of finance. Leasing is only really used mainly by businesses and the self employed where they cannot make use of all the tax allowances in one go and to save shelling out all the VAT in one hit. As VAT is payable on the rentals.

By the way on most leases you are still responsible for the maintenance cost

Last edited: