leasing questions....want to lease my horse out.....

show_jumper

Visit site
hi everyone....

so... im emigrating and have a lovely little 5 year old spanish mare who is lovely in every way - has lovely flat work and jumps upto about 1.10 with ease etc etc - but seeing as i cant take her with me.... i want to lease her out and was wondering if anyone could advise me on what sort of price i should be thinking about leasing her out for??? im happy to let her go on as flexible/long term basis as whoever would be interested wants.... but thought perhaps someone could shed some light on this for me as i havent leased or had one on lease for years!!!!

thank you!!

jillygem

Visit site
To be honest at the moment i wouldnt expect many people would be looking to pay much for a long term lease. Would selling be more useful to you?

sykokat

Visit site
Please be ever so careful. We put our little mare out on loan. The 1st time she ended up with a fractured splint bone on O/H and the second time so called friend galloped her and she burst blood vessels in her lungs and bled out through both nostrels. Really upsetting as we have had her a long time. Needless to say we brought her straight back to us and will not put her out again. I think it is better to sell on than lease/loan. Especially if you are going to be sooo far away. Sorry for being full of doom and gloom but just now how upsetting it can be when something goes wrong.