Leather boots unzipping when riding

jenni999

Visit site
I had this on a pair of insulated bromonts which I picked up 2nd hand on eBay. I;m guessing that was why they were sold. I attached some little metal rings (like small keyrings) and plaited thread and then used that to loop through the strap that clips at the top. Hope that makes sense. Other Ariats that have the stretchy bit of material which fits over the clip don't slip.

lamlyn2012

Visit site
Ariat have addressed this problem now by attaching a piece of leather with a hole which the top of the zip passes through . Difficult to explain but if you view a "newer model" you'll get what I mean.
I had the issue with a pair of chaps so I had the leather bit attached be a saddler.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Got to any decent saddler and they will add the extra lip at the top for the zip to slot into, just like on the newer models.
My saddler did this for my 12 yr old beloved Bromonts 3 years ago, I refuse to let them die, but they are relegated now to RC stuff only.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Ariat have addressed this problem now by attaching a piece of leather with a hole which the top of the zip passes through . Difficult to explain but if you view a "newer model" you'll get what I mean.
I had the issue with a pair of chaps so I had the leather bit attached be a saddler.
I’ve just bought new Bromonts first wear today. I didn’t realise that was what the leather bit was for so that’s handy to know.

Northern Hare

Visit site
Hi all,

the zips on my lovely ariat boots keep undoing themselves when I ride! Any ingenious methods to help stop this?

thanks!

if you have hole punch pliers, punch a small hole into the leather on each side of the zip at the very top.

Then using a black/brown "round" shoelace (same thickness as a piece of spaghetti, and about 8" long) thread the shoelace through both holes (from the inside to outside), and put a knot at both ends so you don't have to keep threading them through the holes.

Then when you do your boots up, just pull the lace tight and thread one end through the zipper, and tie a bow in the lace, which you can tuck inside the top of the boot. ?

SBJT

Visit site
Lol THANK YOU!!! I have been fighting with my Coniston Pros for the past year. I waited over a year to get them, then had this constant problem and was so disappointed in them.

dreams579

Visit site
Some great suggestions here, thanks guys! Will take a look at ariats next time I’m in the tack shop to see how they’ve changed them, bit hard to tell online but I think I can fashion some tie in the interim