Leather Headcollars

Stenners

Visit site
Ooh I like the Whitaker ones too actually I've just seen them!

I have a black saddle (wanted brown but black was typically the one that fitted!) but a brown bridle so I guess I should get black incase I end up changing my bridle to match my saddle?!!

Antw23uk

Visit site
I love my Shires padded one. On livery I used to use it for best (you never knew if it would disappear or not!) but now at home its my go to day to day headcollar. It gets better with age and scrubs up so well.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Ah thank you! I saw these ones but they are out of stock for a couple of months :(

Oh no :( I only got this about 10 days ago so I guess I was lucky.

I was going to order another one for my other horse. He’s currently got a Shires he’s had for ages which is fine but not as nice as this one.

Visit site
We have the Old Mill ones at work and they are gorgeous! BUT the cob size is very small and the full size is quite big over the head and small round the nose ? I will see if I can find the pic of one of ours wearing one.

This is a full size on a small tb head:

Screenshot_20210705-163208_Facebook.jpg

Stenners

Visit site
thank you everyone! I am taking him out on Thursday and the owners don't have one (he's on loan) so I needed to get one quickly! I've gone for the shires blenheim padded one for now as was a bit cheaper than and next day on amazon! I'll definately look for a more decent one in the future though depending on what this one is like!

Stenners

Visit site
I'm back on the hunt!! This time for my new girlie! She's a connie (I think X) with a fairly chunky head! I think i'm still liking the John Whitaker ones! I'm collecting her Sundao so need one by then and the one i've got for this boy will be massive!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Well my toad of a horse had a melt down at a “fun ride” and broke the aforementioned brand new leather headcollar irreparably in two places and flipped off around the Horsebox park with his saddle under his belly that I’d been in the process of doing up. Saddle and horse fortunately survived intact but it was at that moment I decided to take the safe option of going home ??‍♀️??

Pippity

Visit site
For travelling, I like the Shires ones with the buckle over the nose - makes it a lot easier to keep hold of the horse while faffing with the bridle. The leather's what you'd expect of Shires - serviceable but nothing you'd get excited over.

Well my toad of a horse had a melt down at a “fun ride” and broke the aforementioned brand new leather headcollar irreparably in two places and flipped off around the Horsebox park with his saddle under his belly that I’d been in the process of doing up. Saddle and horse fortunately survived intact but it was at that moment I decided to take the safe option of going home ??‍♀️??

He broke the headcollar and not his neck, so it's a win! (And why I use leather headcollars for exciting stuff, and leave the webbing ones for leading to and from the field.)

jnb

Visit site
Salamo headcollars are beautiful - lovely soft leather and I like that the Havana have brass fittings. £30 = bargain