LED lights for horses

Caol Ila

Visit site
Without going into details, I need more LED lights. All the LED lights.

I currently have a breastcollar you can definitely see from space, a tail light that attaches to the tail, a vest for me that flashes with lights you can almost see from space, and a dressage whip that looks like a light saber.

I'm after leg lights and anything I can strap to stirrups. My bridle doesn't have a browband and I can't attach anything to the noseband because it would affect the function (it's a western hackamore), but I could bodge a browband. I see a few things on Amazon and on various websites, but I'd prefer recommendations because sometomes cheap LED products only last for five minutes.

SpeedyPony

Visit site
Cateye bicycle lights are good for stirrup lights https://www.cateye.com/intl/products/safety_lights/SL-LD160RC-R/ they do a front light in the same style- if you have slim sided stirrup irons, I recommend wrapping a bit of vet wrap or fabric around the branch of the stirrup iron (I use a sock) to give better grip and keep the light from shifting when you take your feet in and out of the stirrups.
The rechargeable lights cateye do are pretty bright- good enough to see the hedge and navigate in the pitch black, although if I'm riding when it's that dark I put lights on both stirrups, twilight I just light the right stirrup, they do a reasonable amount of time on one charge as well.

Last edited:

HorsesRule2009

Visit site
Last year ( or the year before 🙈) lidl/aldi had a cycling event and had velcro leg ankle bands that light up and are rechargeable.
I've used them around my dogs necks when at the yard and had forgotten their collars and also around horses leg as extra lights when hacking.

Keep a look out they were under £10 per pair and have lasted well

Cloball

Visit site
I bought a stirrup and a noseband one from horze haven't used much but will report back it could easily be used as a brownband but mine has so much forelock it would be useless.

Where did you get your breast plate from? Also does anyone have an led hat band? My pony is short and I find this the best way to be seen from a distance 😅

Highmileagecob

Visit site
LED flashing silicone arm bands, easily sourced on line. Throw away the little hook fasteners that they come with and thread a nylon dog collar through the slots. I used them on my ankles, his fetlocks, and my arms. Best of all, they don't come off at speed. They can also be attached to a breastplate, a tail plait, a browband, stirrups....

benz

Visit site

FitzyFitz

Visit site
1704538186433.jpeg
I have a bunch of these little silicone scooter lights, they usually come in a pack of 2 for under a fiver (one red one white) and take cr2032 coin batteries. Stick em on tack straps, D rings, existing hivis. Give them to stealth night time joggers wearing all grey you nearly crashed into...

I also have some of these clip on ones with the little velcro straps around my stirrups, the only horse-specific thing I have is an LED reflective hatband!

Apart from my rear lights being red, I mostly have other colours like blue/green. I found if I had red and white, people assumed I was a cyclist and came way too fast. If I'm blinking in all random colours like a UFO (or Blackpool Illuminations as one late night dog walker told me) then people slow down to figure out what the hell is coming towards them!
1704538286909.jpeg

peanutsmumma

Visit site
Without going into details, I need more LED lights. All the LED lights.

I currently have a breastcollar you can definitely see from space, a tail light that attaches to the tail, a vest for me that flashes with lights you can almost see from space, and a dressage whip that looks like a light saber.

I'm after leg lights and anything I can strap to stirrups. My bridle doesn't have a browband and I can't attach anything to the noseband because it would affect the function (it's a western hackamore), but I could bodge a browband. I see a few things on Amazon and on various websites, but I'd prefer recommendations because sometomes cheap LED products only last for five minutes.
Not sure if you use Shein but they have lots of different lights on there.
They have leg wraps for horses, leg bands for humans, arm bands etc

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
I bought some of these for some.one that walks on lanes.

Various colours but the blue is an added bonus for obvious reason they stay on lit of can flash etc

The second link is a over shoulder strap USB chargeable

WUBAYI Running Lights for Runners Reflective Gear for Walkers at Night, Reflective Belt Sash,Led Safety Shoulder Strap,USB Rechargeable Light Up Running Belt for Men Women https://amzn.eu/d/izHm9eu

JGC

Visit site

Birker2020

Visit site
The leg bands will fit around a horses leg and will also cover a boot, they used to fit round the Westropp brushing/knee boots a treat. THey have a velcro fastening and don't slip.

1704698191193.png

Last edited:

Birker2020

Visit site
1704698422235.pngThese are a mixture of a silicone light and a cycle light on back of my hiz viz that Bailey used to wear.
I also have a flashing head band that lights up and slow or fast flashes, but never used it, it was a present from Mum when I first had Lari.

Last edited:

Fransurrey

Visit site
I've bought these recently and although yet to ride with them, I have tried them on the horse's legs and they fit well. They are very adjustable and can be worn on legs and arms, too. I don't like putting lights on the horse's head. I know I find it affects my vision just having my light vest on.

Kat

Visit site
I clip COB LED bike lights onto me and my horse.

I have a fab one that shows red to the rear and white to the front that I clip to the top of my boot, and another the same goes either on an arm band or hat band.

The Aldi cycling lights are good as are B&M ones.

Highmileagecob

Visit site
We found the velcro fasteners came undone after a few rides through mud, and lost a good number. After threading the armbands onto nylon collars, they stayed put and were bright enough to slow traffic. Please remember to illuminate the horse at drivers' eye level - drivers do not look up.