LED neckbands

budley95

Visit site
Trying and failing on my quest to find a Hi Viz neck band with LEDS in (much like the tail guards, arm bands, leg bands. body harness' and hat bands I can find!)

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Or something that I can attach to my martingale/breastplate to act as a torch type thing? Last year I hacked out through the fields with a torch in one hand and reins in the other to exercise the horse but this obviously wasn't ideal... So trying to just light both of us up with LEDS and I'll use a headtorch instead and take a torch as back up!

I went and got a generator to then be told the houses near us don't want lights used in our school (even in a temporary capacity with a curfew)and when it gets muddier my little mini won't make it to the school to use headlights to school by!

Coblover63

Visit site
There are loads of different LED light armbands on ebay if you look, starting from just a couple of quid. With a bit of stitching or glueing, you could be very creative.... I don't ride in the dark but even I want to fashion something out of some of those pretty lights!!!!

asmp

Visit site

I bought one of these without the lights but unfortunately I managed to lose half of it twice while out riding! The first time I found it on the road and the second time I never did find it even though I retraced my steps. The Velcro isn't that strong, especially if you ride down overgrown bridleways like I do. I had been meaning to reinforce if with a metal clip but as usual I never got round to it.

Brightbay

Visit site
I already use the Aldi cycle armbands as a hat band by velcro-ing two together. I would think it would be feasible to velcro four or six together to make an neckband... they don't give off much light though, they just make you more visible :)

TigerTail

Visit site
You'd be better with a head cam on your hat - not going to give you enough light else. What about low profile lights ?Not sure why your neighbours are dictating what you do n your own land within reason!

Highlands

Visit site
I already use the Aldi cycle armbands as a hat band by velcro-ing two together. I would think it would be feasible to velcro four or six together to make an neckband... they don't give off much light though, they just make you more visible :)

Snap I have done the same

budley95

Visit site
Thank you lots of ideas to have a look at! Especially like the ones on fb! Unfortunately I'm at a livery yard and YM wants to keep neighbours happy which is why they can dictate. Its more to make him visible if we go our separate ways at all! Haha. As I say last year I just bridged my reins and rode 1 handed with a torch in the other (lucky hes such an angel). Just want to light him up like a christmas tree and do the same to myself!