Leeds / Bradford tack shops

Polos Mum

Visit site
Afternoon all,

In need of a new hat and I need to try them so I'd welcome recommendations for well stocked quality tack shops in the area (usually big purchases are Badminton / Burghley based but that's all off again this year!!)

Close ish to Bradford is possible

neddy man

Visit site
Last edited:

tda

Visit site
Riding habit at queensbury, hope valley Saddlery in Leeds
Throstle nest for me but not that close to you
Naylors, not that far from m62 oldham

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Throstle Nest isn't far from M1. You could have lunch/coffee at the Rose Nursery (Tom Horsfield) in Silkstone, which is usually very pleasant. There is also Hey Farm Saddlery in Huddersfield.

Reactions: tda

tda

Visit site
Throstle Nest isn't far from M1. You could have lunch/coffee at the Rose Nursery (Tom Horsfield) in Silkstone, which is usually very pleasant. There is also Hey Farm Saddlery in Huddersfield.
Where is the Rose nursery?
I'm not sure if Hey Farm is still open to the public, last time I went (couple of years ago) the shop looked like a storeroom, stuff piled up all over.

neddy man

Visit site
From throstle nest when you get back to the cross roads go straight across (instead of right to M1)at the bottom of the hill turn right then immediate left (20 metres) continue uphill follow the road round to the right by the church in the hollow on the right is Horsefields garden centre and amongst the other shops are gifts, clothing etc.when leaving turn right and you will be back at the motorway in 5 minutes.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Where is the Rose nursery?
I'm not sure if Hey Farm is still open to the public, last time I went (couple of years ago) the shop looked like a storeroom, stuff piled up all over.

I haven't been anywhere for over 18 months, so I'm not sure. I suppose all the family members might have retired now. I did see that Hey Farm were doing onlline sales but I wouldn't fancy buying a hat online. There is also EquiFlair if OP does want to buy online, I would expect them to have a good selection and they do have a shop but they're a bit hit and miss on stock.

Pot House Hamlet (Tom Horsfield)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
This thread has led me to remember that I need a new hat - having found mine on the kitchen floor recently. I haven't ridden for ages and it was probably degraded anyway as it's quite elderly. I quite like the idea of a trip out to Throstle Nest with lunch at Tom Horsfield's, so thank you OP for astarting this thread. I hope you find a hat that fits.

Abby-Lou

Visit site
Is Robinson's still near J6 of M621? I haven't been since before the 1st Lockdown and it wasn't brilliant then but surely they will have a choice of hats
didn't the site get taken over by Hope Valley and then closed down early summer ? always thought the site was in a strange location

Reactions: JJS

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
didn't the site get taken over by Hope Valley and then closed down early summer ? always thought the site was in a strange location

I've no idea but I'm not surprised. As you say, it was an odd place for the shop anyway but the one in Ashton -in-Makerfield was nowhere near as good as it was when Robinson's were running it, either. The Leeds one was handy for us but the stock got poorer and poorer as time went on.

Andrew657

Visit site
Depending on which side of Bradford you're on - there's Beavers at Beckwithshaw (Harrogate). Excellent selection (but expensive)

Leah3horses

Visit site
Hi I used to live in your area, used to go to Burnhills at Batley, there's Equicobs also in Batley...but for the best choice and hat fitters you can trust, probably Naylor's near Rochdale.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Burnhills is actually in Cleckheaton. BD19 5LY

I would expect them to have a reasonable hat selection. I have just bought a new hat at Throstle Nest but sister had to order her size, apparently equestrian stock/deliveries is being affected by a lack of lorry drivers,as much as anything else.