leg yielding down the motorway!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

BenjaminBunny

Visit site
If I am a passenger in the car then I look out out at the fields I am passing and 'jump' the hedges!

I do this too, and if i see a massive field i pretend i'm galloping in it.

What is quite odd, is i have a fear of open fields and i don't tend to do any galloping in them and i don't really jump either....

Toffee44

Visit site
I have told my car to "get on" when going up steep hills lol and I sometimes lean forward going up steep hills lol.

Does anyone else find they are fussy about their driving position because you ride?

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Does anyone else find they are fussy about their driving position because you ride?

Definitely. I practice my posture in the hopes of memory training my muscles.:eek:

I recall my driving instructor, many years ago, asking if I was a horse rider. Apparently (pre-speed camera) he'd noticed we all used to see an open stretch of road and go fast.

My riding nearly caused an accident on my bicycle though. Coming up to a junction I used seat and weight aids. Forgot to use the brakes and wondered why I wasn't stopping.

gina2201

Visit site
I often tell my OH to "walk on" in the supermarket. my dog knows "back," in fact he is even led on a lead rope rather than a dog lead! Sometimes when he's walking in front of me he will "leg yield" to the feel of the lead rope along his side!

Hoopsa

Visit site
Oh, yes! I am so pleased that I am NOT that mad after all.
When I learnt to drive a car I used to pull on the steering wheel to stop... :rolleyes: Good job it was dual controls.
When I learnt to drive a horse I would give leg aids as well as rein aids:cool:
I have always 'folded' over any line across the road including telegraph pole shadows. :eek:
And just to show the other side to the coin, I used to ride a pony who thought the yellow no parking zig zag lines painted on the road outside schools were trotting poles. Only the striding was wrong for him and we would end up with him putting in tiny strides with his knees up round his eyes so he didn't tread on the 'poles'. :)

sue12345

Visit site
Maybe i should try things the other way round aswell, i don't look down at the pedals or dash board when i'm driving so when i'm riding i should be watching the road and the car infront. if you get my meaning. Holding the stearing wheel would certainly keep my hands still and spaced if not actualy down.

Ella19

Visit site
Mine is like riding a youngster, its all over the place and falls out round corners as I need tracking done. I even findyself trying to put my leg on lol!

mytwofriends

Visit site
I used to "jump" shadows across the rode when I was in the car, and my daughters and I used to whoa the plane upon landing (why am I saying used to ..... I still do and I'm nearly 50!!) :eek:

MoonRiver

Visit site
I used to practise my strides into fences using drain covers when I was walking to school. All ok until I got the stride wrong and either had to stretch to make it or put in a tiny step! Good job I walked most of the way by myself :D

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
I thought it was only me! Im always leaning forward/backwards going up or down a hill.. I must look crazy but thing is, I don't even realise im doing it unless the other half starts laughing!

Gingermonkey

Visit site
I duck whenever I go under those height, barriers in a carpark, my boys laugh like mad. I also tell my girl...sorry the car 'well done' and give her a pat after a challenging journey. Glad we're all doing it :)

tankgirl1

Visit site
I used to ride a pony who thought the yellow no parking zig zag lines painted on the road outside schools were trotting poles. Only the striding was wrong for him and we would end up with him putting in tiny strides with his knees up round his eyes so he didn't tread on the 'poles'. :)

That is hilarious, I have actual real life tears in my eyes from laughing! Just have this fantastic image of him frantically trying to avoid the poles - oh dear, really set me off on the giggles did that :eek: :D

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I watched my dog walking in front of me yesterday and thought he's on 3 tracks and got his quarters in...... Doh !