Legal advice

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
I went to look at a horse to buy today which I am very excited about.

I'm planning to start going out with one of my local hunts. Obviously I want to comply with their request not to break the law.

My problem is how to stay within it.

I took the horse for a ride to try it out and the sellers springer and labrador came along. Lo and behold I found myself hunting with them.

I just can't help myself!

Does any one know how to stay within the law?

I break it at the moment on foot with my four dogs. If I take them out round the farm with me on horseback, what am I actually supposed to do to stay within the law? Do I have to stop them hunting?

Is just riding round the farm with my dogs legal or not? Obviously they will chase deer and stuff, is that a problem or not? If the dogs chase a deer and I don't is that legal?

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
My god that was quick, you'd never get that sort of service from a lawyer.

I've written a quick email to our wildlife crime officer, Inspector Hunter. (I know!).

Dear Inspector Hunter,

I'm buying a horse and am planning to go out with my local hunt.

I want to respect their wishes for people not to break the law.

As you know I've always broken it when taking my dogs out round my farm.

So I thought I'd have a go at obeying it for once.

My problem is I can't work out how. What do I actually have to do to start obeying the Hunting Act?

Is it OK for my dogs to hunt animals as long as I don't?

Kind Regards,

Giles

Karla

Visit site
Giles, please don't take this the wrong way but do you have any interests outside hunting and farming? I'm sure you're a wonderful person in real life but you seem rather two-dimensional on here.

Which authors do you like? Do you like drinking? Do you support a football team? Do you believe in God? Which is your favourite season? Did you blub at the end of Brokeback Mountain?*

*I did! (But I blame it on being drunk.)

Nigel

Visit site
Hi,

Guess I`m three dimensional, hunting, drinking and fornicating.

It’s a good life

Cheers and chuckles

Nigel

Ereiam_jh

Visit site
Well Karla, I kind of took your advice and logged on to a forum for film criticism.

I'm afraid I didn't have much luck in steering a conversation regarding the sexual symbolism of various different species of cactus in American westerns towards the rights and wrongs of autumn stag hunting.

The guys on the film forum seemed to think I'd be better off finding a forum dedicated to the hunting debate.

Wierd huh?

Karla

Visit site
I happen to know it was my mate Farmer Giles on here who first made the reference to the Tolkien story of that name. You've shamelessly stolen from that source but with no ackowledgement to poor old Farmer Giles. I'm not surprised he's scarpered.

Secondly, I'm worried that you're making your barmy posts at almost 3 in the morning. Get some sleep!