Leics/Midlands people-can anyone help us?need a saddle to borrow

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
NMT is having a nightmare, the headplate in Figs Equipe has cracked! It is being replaced FOC by Equipe but in the meantime we need something for her to ride in as got a show sat and JLC clinic mon.

Saddler only had 3 small enough and of those only 1 fits Fig but cripples NMT due to long term back and hip problems.

If there is anyone who has a 17 or tight 17.5 M width dressage saddle with a decent block, they would lend until the Equipe is replaced, please can you message me or NMT. Can pick up today or tomorrow.

Can get 100's of people to vouch for our honesty :) I know this is a huge ask but we are absolutely desperate :(

Fuzzypuff

Visit site
I still have my old size 0 Innova, but I'm in London so unless you know someone coming up to you from here then I guess that's not much help...

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Haven't got a saddle but I'm South of Alsager saddlery in Cheshire and travel to Loughborough, so could transport a saddle tomorrow if anyone is in that area with a suitable saddle.

Henry02

Visit site
Well if of any use I have a black 17.5" symonds GP saddle, that's a medium fit. I've had it on three different TB's so there's a good chance it would fit. Not what your after I know, but if you get desperate!

I'm relatively near dogatemysalad.

joey1999

Visit site
I have got a lovely black 17" Sue Carson dressage saddle I am not using at the moment. We live in Markfield. I could try measuring the width with a tape measure when I get home later if that helps. It's a Flair one - so I know not everyone likes those! I am at home all day tomorrow! (Just leaving the office now so won't be back online till later).

_GG_

Visit site
I have a black GFS dressage saddle that is a tight 17.5 mw but fits as a medium. Not new but in very good nik. Too far to collect probably but you'd be welcome to get it collected by courier if you wanted. I'll go take measurements for you now if you want. Pics to follow. Will be happy for you to borrow it if it's right for you.

_GG_

Visit site
Fly_zps5e43e4db.jpg

On Molly...she was just over 15hh at the time and it was perfect on her...a little short on Fly above who is 16.2hh
MollyM_zps748179ac.jpg

WP_20130307_032_zpscfa8fe35.jpg

It's a very comfortable and well balanced saddle, so I will go and get measurements for you and take some more pics of you want as you could keep it for as long as you need it if it is any good.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
thank you guys :) NMT is just out riding in a cobbled together ensemble of pads and Pea's saddle as anything else seems to be putting her in agony.

will update you all once she has tried that.

The GP will be no good as will put her hip in a strange position and more than likely put her in pain, but thank you :)

joey-do you know what model and yes please to measuring width :)

GG-thank you wil let you know asap :) and DAMS that is so kind, how lovely is HHO!

_GG_

Visit site
thank you guys :) NMT is just out riding in a cobbled together ensemble of pads and Pea's saddle as anything else seems to be putting her in agony.

will update you all once she has tried that.

The GP will be no good as will put her hip in a strange position and more than likely put her in pain, but thank you :)

joey-do you know what model and yes please to measuring width :)

GG-thank you wil let you know asap :) and DAMS that is so kind, how lovely is HHO!

It's actually a 17inch. I got confused with my other one.

DonkeyClub

Visit site
I have an Equipe Emporio dressage saddle it is a 17inch medium plus 1, the saddler added little shims where each shoulder panel lies to make the front of the saddle sit up better as it was tipping ( I got it second hand) I'm in Wiltshire.. Know it doesn't tick a few boxes for you but you'd be welcome to borrow if you can get here/ are willing to risk it!

joey1999

Visit site
It is a Harmony with padded skirts and mono flap. I have just sent a text to Clair Andrews cuz she massages my horses and yours I hear! She might have a good idea whether it would fit "shape wise".

DuckToller

Visit site
I have an old Albion which is really comfortable - suede seat and good blocks on front (at least good by my standards, can take photo). The saddle is stamped Lux M 17 - so I take it that ticks most of the boxes!

I might be a bit far away although could post it? Or give to someone who is going to a show in that direction perhaps...

Last edited:

_GG_

Visit site
What a relief....now you just have to make sure your test times are far enough apart if you're going to be at the same venue for anything :)

nikkimariet

Visit site
What a relief....now you just have to make sure your test times are far enough apart if you're going to be at the same venue for anything :)

Haha!!! Thankfully just Fig out this weekend, and we requested at least one person between us at JLC on Monday :) Soooo excited for JLC. Just hope they're good boys!

alwaysbroke

Visit site
Was just about to offer a M 17.5 Barnsby that my long legged slim daughter gets on well with, but see that you are sorted:) Good luck with the comp and enjoy the clinic:)

Brownmare

Visit site
Looks like you are sorted for now but for future reference you can hire a Solution saddle for £50 per week and they are the most comfortable saddles I have ever tried - for horse and rider!

kobi

Visit site
Ive got an old black country dressage saddle 17M that's sitting in the tack shop at vale view and has been for quite some time.

Kat

Visit site
Glad you are sorted, was going to offer to measure the width of my 17" saddle but I doubt it would have had enough support.