Leisure batteries for those that stay away.

zoelouisem

Visit site
The leisure batteries in my lorry are completely had it, charge when the engine is running but go pretty quickly after they are quite old cane with the lorry.
Anyway looking at getting some more and the prices vary quite a lot obviously I’m looking in campervan type shops as they’d be even more from a horsebox person.
What should I be looking for/avoiding?

Thanks in advance!

VRIN

Visit site
I go to a company that sells all sorts of batteries - ;eaisure, car, truck..... They have always given me an excellent service and good prices .. Worth looking to see if you have such a place near you.

meleeka

Visit site
Agreed. We have Barden UK just up the road and that’s where I get most batteries from. Halfords do leisure batteries with a two year guarantee which will be better quality than cheap Chinese makes you’ll find in a lot of camping shops.

Bob notacob

Visit site
Zoe go to Southern Electrical ,in guildford .Tel 01483 538038 .They also sell all sorts of LED internal lights which are great and use very little power.

mcnaughty

Visit site
Read this https://www.campingandcaravanningcl...nicalhelp/datasheets/guide-leisure-batteries/

Basically buy the best ones you can afford
Keep them charged as if you let them run down they die!!
Use them sparingly when at a show
Use your common sense - for example a phone plugged in to charge for 24 hours is not going to use anywhere near as much 'juice' as a fan heater
If you are staying at a show for more than a couple of days, think about investing in a generator to top up!!