Lemeiux gel-tek girth

foxy1

Visit site
Has anyone tried the lemeiux gel tek girth and what do you think?
I'm looking at the long version
Thanks

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
First time I have seen them but I do have a comment. It depends what you want them for, as I need a curved girth for my mare as otherwise the girth pulls the saddle forwards as she has a forward girth groove.

I have a Fairfax and also a simple curve, and both work for her, but what is important for her is that the buckles of the girth follow the curve, so the buckles are facing different directions. Although the girth looks wildly curved on the table, once on her, it looks straight.

These look lovely, but they have straightened the angles at the end, so the buckles on this one point in the same direction. This would lead to this girth being drawn forward into her groove and driving the saddle into her shoulders IMO.

Of course, it may suit your horse brilliantly, I don't now the conformation of our horse and what you are hoping to achieve. What I am saying is that it is not the same shape as a Fairfax, if that s what you are trying to find, and that a cheaper solution would be a simple curved girth, without all the bells and whistles.

AFB

Visit site
First time I have seen them but I do have a comment. It depends what you want them for, as I need a curved girth for my mare as otherwise the girth pulls the saddle forwards as she has a forward girth groove.

I have a Fairfax and also a simple curve, and both work for her, but what is important for her is that the buckles of the girth follow the curve, so the buckles are facing different directions. Although the girth looks wildly curved on the table, once on her, it looks straight.

These look lovely, but they have straightened the angles at the end, so the buckles on this one point in the same direction. This would lead to this girth being drawn forward into her groove and driving the saddle into her shoulders IMO.

Of course, it may suit your horse brilliantly, I don't now the conformation of our horse and what you are hoping to achieve. What I am saying is that it is not the same shape as a Fairfax, if that s what you are trying to find, and that a cheaper solution would be a simple curved girth, without all the bells and whistles.

This is a really detailed and helpful response, sorry to the OP to jump on but am I correct in thinking that I'd need to be looking for one with angled buckles to suit a horse with a slightly forward girth groove (doesn't seem to pull the saddle fwds in current straight girth) that needs more elbow room as girth is impeding him slightly at the moment?
If so would something like this be about right? http://cotswoldsport.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=92&products_id=485

Over something with straighter buckles like: https://www.equiport.co.uk/products/horse/girths/comfort-girth-l82/ ?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
This is a really detailed and helpful response, sorry to the OP to jump on but am I correct in thinking that I'd need to be looking for one with angled buckles to suit a horse with a slightly forward girth groove (doesn't seem to pull the saddle fwds in current straight girth) that needs more elbow room as girth is impeding him slightly at the moment?
If so would something like this be about right? http://cotswoldsport.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=92&products_id=485

Over something with straighter buckles like: https://www.equiport.co.uk/products/horse/girths/comfort-girth-l82/ ?

It was my physio who ran me through it and said that yes, with a forward girth groove she needed the curve girth, with the buckles facing different directions. I actually got her a simple banana shape one, like a semi circle, as the Fairfax were a touch wide on the front facing blob. At that time, the narrow gauge only went up to a 48, and she really needed a 50 narrow, which they didn't do.

The Fairfaxes do stay curved at the ends...

Sadly, mine finds the front bumps too wide so I will be selling 2 long girths and one short one. Grrrr.

s-l1600.jpg

22316p1.jpg

Reactions: AFB

C1airey

Visit site
I’ve seen them in the flesh and they are virtually identical to the Prolite (albeit with a whacking great clip in the middle which surely negates the point of the padded centre?).

Quality is better on the Prolite, as is the price!