LeMieux Nose net

k1994

Visit site
Just about to buy one to try on my pony who’s suffering with a pollen allergy, but have no idea what size to get her! She’s a 14hh Welsh d in a cob size bridle, anyone have experience with these? Not sure if I should get her a small or a medium

Fruitcake

Visit site
I’ve no experience with the LeMieux one, but I use the Equilibrium ones. My 14.3 Sec D (in cob bridle) wears the M/L one. They’re quite flexible as you cut them to size once you’ve fit them to the horse. I’m not sure if that’s the case with the LeMieux ones though.

k1994

Visit site
I’ve no experience with the LeMieux one, but I use the Equilibrium ones. My 14.3 Sec D (in cob bridle) wears the M/L one. They’re quite flexible as you cut them to size once you’ve fit them to the horse. I’m not sure if that’s the case with the LeMieux ones though.

oh how would you rate them? They’re pricey so was a bit sceptical of a spending an extra £10 on one my pony will most likley shred on a hack! Or are they quite durable?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
You can’t cut the le mieux ones no. My friends 15.3/16 hh TB is in a medium which fits perfectly. He has a little head and cob size bridle.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
oh how would you rate them? They’re pricey so was a bit sceptical of a spending an extra £10 on one my pony will most likley shred on a hack! Or are they quite durable?
I’d say they are fairly tough. I tried one on my horse and he rubbed it madly on a fence with no damage. I believe they come in a pack of two as well so you have a spare.

mavandkaz

Visit site
The le mieux ones are in a pack of two. I think the equilibrium ones are a pack of three? Not sure as never bought them.
I borrowed my friends equilibrium, and found it too light/soft. It just flapped around as he moved his head.
The le mieux are pretty tough, and are shaped and keep their shape. The velcro allows for a little bit of adjustment.

Fruitcake

Visit site
I've used them for a few years and am really happy with them. They're reasonably durable but at the end of the day, they're just mesh and so I have ripped a couple when he rubbed his nose on the stone wall and when he snagged it on a tree trying to eat on a hack.

I find they're shaped well and fit snuggly if you take the time to adjust carefully before trimming. They do get softer and floppier the older they get and the more you wash them, but you get a spare net in the pack so I find one pack does me for six months or so.

k1994

Visit site
I have them for Millie. She’s 15hh part bred welsh so I can check size for you tomorrow?

yes that would be great! ? she’s such a weird head shape her bridles a mix and match of pony/cob and full pieces, Welsh things, can never be easy ?‍♀️

I will have look tomorrow I'm pretty sure I know where it is :)

much appreciated! ?

WelshHoarder

Visit site
Small Welshie is in a size small Le Mieux nose net which fits her really neatly - there’s a bit more wriggle room on the velcro but on her it’s lined up spot on. She’s 13.2 Sec C, her old bridle here is a pony/cob mish mash to give you an idea - pony base but noseband and browband swapped out for cob F8617D46-37E3-4BD5-851E-4A5AFF994BB3.jpeg

Equi

Visit site
They are roomy enough, but my biggest thing with them is that they shrink/distort massively when washed.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
yes that would be great! ? she’s such a weird head shape her bridles a mix and match of pony/cob and full pieces, Welsh things, can never be easy ?‍♀️

much appreciated! ?

Mine is a medium and used on a only just 15h Arab his got quite a wide but short head and it fits well.

It's a brown one did you still want it.

k1994

Visit site
Small Welshie is in a size small Le Mieux nose net which fits her really neatly - there’s a bit more wriggle room on the velcro but on her it’s lined up spot on. She’s 13.2 Sec C, her old bridle here is a pony/cob mish mash to give you an idea - pony base but noseband and browband swapped out for cob View attachment 92556

thank you this helps her head looks a tiny bit bigger than this so maybe the medium is best ?

WelshHoarder

Visit site
thank you this helps her head looks a tiny bit bigger than this so maybe the medium is best ?
No worries - they are pretty adjustable anyway so you should be able to make it work, it does sound like medium would be the best option for you. Small Welshie does have quite a dainty pony head lengthwise, just broad across the forehead and round the noseband, awkward little monster ?

k1994

Visit site
No worries - they are pretty adjustable anyway so you should be able to make it work, it does sound like medium would be the best option for you. Small Welshie does have quite a dainty pony head lengthwise, just broad across the forehead and round the noseband, awkward little monster ?

yeah exactly the same as mine but she’s in a full browband/throat lash cob everything else then small pony reigns, impossible to find fly veils that are wide enough for her head but aren’t just giant on her ears haha!

WelshHoarder

Visit site
yeah exactly the same as mine but she’s in a full browband/throat lash cob everything else then small pony reigns, impossible to find fly veils that are wide enough for her head but aren’t just giant on her ears haha!
We have the same problem - and fly masks are a nightmare (and she HAS to wear a UV mask 24/7 now) - if they fit over the eyes they’re too long or too short over the nose, and she needs a nosepiece because the pink bit at the end of her blaze burns so quickly. As I say to her every day, it’s a good job she’s cute and I love her ?

k1994

Visit site
We have the same problem - and fly masks are a nightmare (and she HAS to wear a UV mask 24/7 now) - if they fit over the eyes they’re too long or too short over the nose, and she needs a nosepiece because the pink bit at the end of her blaze burns so quickly. As I say to her every day, it’s a good job she’s cute and I love her ?

omg the exact same!! She has a pink face/hayfeaver so needs her mask on 24/7 but the only one she can’t get off is the premier equine fly busta xtra but the small is too small and the medium is too long so pretty sure I’m going to need to do some diy to merge them both together ?