Lesson report

4faults

Visit site
I haven't been on here for awhile due to one thing and another, lack of transport and taking the winter off to train being two of them. New horsebox has been purchased so we are officially on the road again!

OH and I have recently purchased two new youngsters one of which is my dream horse so when the opportunity to buy him came up I couldn't say no. This takes us up to 3 horses in work which juggling around a toddler, jobs, 2 dogs and all the other everyday life things is hard work! I don't know how people do it!

Lucky today in that my OH's lovely parents took the little man for a few hours and have a lesson without worrying about him.

Loaded up and trundled round the corner to a beautiful yard for our lesson.
He was very on edge, as he is liable to be in new places, our homework last time was all about getting him more around the inside leg so he is connected to the outside rein.
Instructor was very pleased at the progress in this regard and it meant that when horses were being turned out and The Big Dope took offence to it (I mean how dare people turn out their own horses in their own paddocks) and shot off like a rocket he didn't get too far because the connection was there.
Still not as good on the right rein as the left as this is my weaker side so today was reinforcing this.
Did the usual 3/4 line leg yields and in and out on a circle and traver along the fence.
Then we decided to make it a little bit more difficult, turning away from the track and asking him to take a few steps sideways from right to left without losing him through the left shoulder and without him shutting down in front. If he's unsure about your asking or he gets a bit worried his automatic reaction is to shut down and offer rein back so at the moment we're still trying to keep everything in a forward motion.

He tried his heart out and once he got over the initial 'the world is out to get me' part really knuckled down and gave me some lovely work. We both definitely need to work on our fitness now! Going to attempt to hire some venues in the next few weeks before our first affiliated outing at the end of the month

Please excuse the shocking photo quality they are unfortunately taken off an iPhone, hopefully a new camera will be here by the next lesson.

1E5D8DB5-DEB4-467A-A72D-7822BD80590A_zpsmhz9hmvl.png

16DF990F-4C42-4E29-BA36-596229E7BF10_zpsnxsebgan.png

ECED578E-F391-45ED-A024-BD50D4A700DA_zpsojnva1gt.png

FF8641B3-9481-4766-A595-775C99E8FEEC_zpswnlnvumr.png

4faults

Visit site
Thank you Kamili, luckily my reactions are getting quicker. He unceremoniously deposited me last week when he took offence to the thunder outside(fair enough) but then he decided that having had me off once he would chance his arm a few more times! I think we have just about nipped that in the bud now