Lessons around 30 miles of Bath/Bristol to get my confidence back

appennea

Visit site
I've just recovered from a bad fall and it's knocked my confidence big time. I hate this as I used to be a confident rider who'd sit on anything and competed in affiliated showjumping. My horse is recovering from an op on her back (Kissing Spine - what caused my bad fall) so don't have a horse to ride regularly or that's a suitable type or size for me to have lessons on. Can anyone recommend a centre where I can get lessons and particularly where they'll be sympathetic to these new worries and help me deal with them and have some nice horses to ride?

dieseldog

Visit site
There are hardly any riding schools left round here. Lackham College might be good though, they seem to cater more for adults.

Caritas

Visit site
I would suggest Talland. My horse has also had a kissing spine op, tell me more about yours. Pm me. Good luck and believe me, your confidence will come back if you just give it some time.

old_girl

Visit site

I've had lessons with Celia Gadd, and I found her very good. I rode my horse at our yard, but she may have horses you can ride at her place.

people I know also have lessons with Lizzie Stokes, whose yard is in Tickenham, and say that she is very good.

There is also Urchinwood Manor, who have fab facilities and loads of good instructors and plenty of horses.

spaniel

Visit site
There arent many of the old style riding schools about round here now so you may have to travel out to Talland or Urchinwood.

siennamum

Visit site
Lizzie Stokes is absollutely lovely. If she teaches adults, she would be brilliant. I don't rate Urchinwood any more think it's not the place it was, but it might be worth travelling to Clevedon Riding Centre for Sandra Manners, I naver hear bad things about it.