Let down RIGHT at the last minute.

piaffe

Visit site
Words cannot describe how I am feeling right now.
frown.gif

We wanted to get a pony for my daughter (loan with view to buy). We found one through a very good friend of mine about 8 weeks ago. All was fine and said pony was being delivered last night.

Pony had been a HUGE secret for my daughter and there has been lots of planning etc behind her back. I stopped her riding lessons about 4 weeks ago as didn't see the point in paying for anymore when her own would be here soon. This, in itself caused a lot of heart ache (she's only 8 and lives for riding) but I knew, in the end she would be beside herself with excitement.

Plan was to tell her she was having a lesson yesterday and then to do a detour to friends yard where pony was being dropped off.
grin.gif
It was so exciting.

Got a call from friend saying that transport had been held up and that it would be rearranged for today.
frown.gif
Explained to daughter that her "riding lesson" was cancelled (didn't really know what to say).
blush.gif
frown.gif
Daughter obviously very upset but told her it had been rearranged for today.

I get a text from friend saying that the owner (who is a friend of friend) now wasn't sure. Pony had been put ON THE LORRY and then taken off again. Owner now not sure if she wants to go ahead.
frown.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
This was at 2 0 clock.
frown.gif

I've not heard anything since and have had to console an 8 year old who really doesn't know why her lessons keep getting cancelled and I feel like such a horrid mum.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

8 weeks I have waited to surprise my daughter with this and now its all come crashing down and I don't know what to do. I haven't heard anything since 2pm but I know, dam well, the owner has changed her mind.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Im hurt and angry all at the same time and now can't stop crying. It is near imporrible to find a loan pony.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Cliqmo

Visit site
I would arrange a riding lesson for your poor little girl and then whilst she is busy with the instructor telephone the owner and give her a damned good rollicking!

TGM

Visit site
What an appalling way for the loaner to behave. My daughter's old pony is now on her second loan home and there is no way I would have treated either of the loaners like that. Surely people should think these things through properly before offering a pony on loan.

tendon_boot

Visit site
thats such a mean thing to do, to say you want to loan/ sell the pony and then at the last min stop a small girl from loving it.
Dont worry you're not a mean mummy x x x

TinselTurkey

Visit site
oh dear i feel so sorry for your daughter
frown.gif
, i loaned my first pony from the riding school and it was fab, you could ask the riding school owners if she could loan or buy one of their ponies or ask if they know anyone with a pony to loan.

hope this helps

Hippona

Visit site
Thats disgusting.....ditto the rollicking.

Your poor daughter...at least she never got giddy with excitement about having her own pony, only to be let down.

I think, if I were you...I would want to do a punching......
mad.gif
blush.gif

Archie07

Visit site
Oh no, I really feel for you. I agree maybe arrange your girly a lesson in the meantime to cheer her up a bit. What a let down though, I hope you find out what's going on. I kind of know how you feel, I've been looking for a pony on loan to come and companion my youngster for ages, found the perfect one, both myself and owner were happy then suddenly she changed her mind about loaning at all, it's such a horrible feeling, although not as bad as your situation. Hope you get some answers.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
Yup! See my post 'time wasting' - just awful, poor kid! I know exactly how you feel.
People loaning out ponies seem to think they are doing you such a big favour - well hello, presumably they don't want the upkeep and care of the pony right now, hence they are loaning it out - so I think the favour goes both ways really.
However, don't lose your cool for your daughter's sake, hold on and hope she goes ahead.
On the other hand, get a loan agreement IN WRITING and before you sign it, consider whether this person is going to mess you about when you have the pony.

piaffe

Visit site
Totally agree about doing US a favour!
mad.gif

This person has just had her new horse delivered, cannot afford 2 horses and this poor little pony hasn't had a rider for months and months so is just wasted.
frown.gif

I'd even entered some competitions for her to do at the end of the month....how stupid?
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

piaffe

Visit site
No I haven't tried ringing owner yet as am just too angry to speak to her.
frown.gif

Rung riding school but they cannot fit her in until late next week.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Imonone

Visit site
Thank goodness you didnt let on to your daughter - can you imagine having to console her too
frown.gif

Its a horrible disappointment for you but I am sure that there will be another super pony out there somewhere looking for a super family. Keep your chin up
smile.gif

skewbaldpony

Visit site
This has happened to my daughter, and since then, we have travelled half a day to see a pony, the owner of which mucked us about for weeks and then still couldn't make her mind up, and more recently, phoned up about yet another one, the owner of which keeps promising to phone me back, and doesn't, and seems now to have disappeared.
I think people who do this, and fail to consider the feelings of the child, are The Pits of the Earth.

Dobby

Visit site
What a disgusting way to behave! I would be fuming! Phone her up and if she has actually backed out give her a bloody mouthful, it's just not acceptable >:(

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Have a mum and daughter day tomorrow - go to the saddlers (and check out the notice board), give her a budget, let her spend hours choosing whatever tat she wants, then spend the rest of the day in front of the TV with the red button pressed watching live XC. Get in loads of nibbles and special treats - you'll feel great, and I bet your daughter will feel special too!!

Then call the so-called loaner and tell them what you think.

piaffe

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Thank goodness you didnt let on to your daughter - can you imagine having to console her too
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I KNOW!
frown.gif
Which is part of the reason we didn't say anything. Im so glad as it was so hard and I wanted to tell her soo many times,
frown.gif

piaffe

Visit site
Do you know, thats a perfect idea. I have just sent the chirldren down to the shop to buy lots of junk food and am just about to dig out "seabiscuit" (im hoping its not a 15 or the like lol.
Thanks

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
She might be devestated now, but when you eventually find the perfect pony for her she will be over the moon!!
When I was 9 I had a riding lesson on my favourite Riding School pony, finished and got off to discover she had been sold
frown.gif
I was devestated
frown.gif

Got in the car to go home, and my Dad asked me if I would like to go and visit a friend of his from work that had horses. So off we toddled, arrived and I got out the car to be presented with a pony
grin.gif
She was mine to ride at weekends
grin.gif

I thought I might pop
grin.gif
Of course this effect was later ruined when she threw me off and broke my arm
blush.gif
But I'll never forget that day!
(She was a fantastic pony, we just had that one little blip on my first ride
grin.gif
)

Dobby

Visit site
My parents were going to buy me a pony, even though they probably could only just have afforded it, and they're the least horsey people in the world. He was kept at the riding school and I remember my instructor asking if I liked him...2 days later he was kicked and died in the field. Four years later they told me that was the day before they were going to pay for him.
frown.gif

Keltic

Visit site
How rotten is that?? No wonder your fed up, id be livid. Good job you didnt tell your daughter she would be devastated! The only good thing i suppose is at least you didnt get the pony and your daughter fell in love then a couple of days later she turns up to collect pony as she has changed her mind!! Im sure the right pony is out there keep your chin up!!

Fizzimyst

www.catsprotection.co.uk
QR

How awful for you
frown.gif

I think its best not to tell them as she would have been even more upset if she had expected her pony to be coming down.

It breaks my heart when my daughter is upset esp when its something like that.

I hope you sort something out soon.

What sort of thing are you looking for and what kind of budget do you have?

xx

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
really sorry for you both!
obviously i have no clue what your looking for, busget, experience etc. etc. and obviously i dont know whats happening to the other pony
but here are some links to what look to be suitable 8 year olds:

http://www.pcuk.org/index.php?option=com...4&Itemid=85
http://www.pcuk.org/index.php?option=com_adsmanager&page=show_ad&adid=16741&catid
or maybe i should stop posting these lovely little ponies and you shuold just go to the pony club website lol...
good luck, i hope you find a new pony quickly or get the one you wanted!!

siennamum

Visit site
What sort of pony are you looking for? We have a lovey 1st pony which has to go back to owner as rider has outgrown her, It's no show pony, but super safe, fabulous hack & sweet as anything..... Belongs to Horseworld so I can't guarantee that they would let her go all the way to you, but only in Bristol...

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
So sorry hunny
frown.gif
Hugs to you.

Chocolate/wine/hot choccy/good films - all brilliant ideas
grin.gif

Daughter's pony was a surprise, she thought she was going to try rocking horses
wink.gif
. I hope The One turns up very soon and your little girl (and you!) has a lovely time
smile.gif

piaffe

Visit site
Thank you so much for taking the time out to look for me. thats really kind.

However (LOL) I really want something to loan right now or loan with view to buy.

piaffe

Visit site
Hi, thanks for that.
smile.gif

Ideally I want something to loan. Im not bothered about sex age etc as long as its suitable for an 8 year old to have fun with. Do a bit of showing, dressage, jumping, hunting etc. Surely that isn't too much to ask is it?
crazy.gif

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
my yo has a 13hh pony. she would loan with v to buy.

BUT since she bought him hes been lobbed in a field,. he was i riding pony, had been hackign etc. hes now a little timid. from lack of handling. she bought him last week lunged him and sat on him and he was fine. clearly schooled at some point judging by hes self carriage etc.