Let the nightmare begin, anyone else dislike selling horses/ponies?

alwaysbroke

Visit site
Well son is definitely too big for his little pony I have dragged my feet for far too long and I must advertise her this weekend:(

This is where the headache begins, which sites to use, yes easy enough to pop a few adverts up in local saddleries, but online always seems a bit of a mine field. Horse and Hound, yes but very expensive for an 11.1 pony, Horsemart, I like the the format and the way you can search, but she may appear a bit pricey on there. Horsequest I know alot of people like it, but I personally find it difficult to search and I give up looking on it. Pony Club site looks appealing.........

then once advertised, you get excited when the phone rings, only to find its another site trying to sell you advertising space:rolleyes:

so here goes wish me luck I am going to need it, plus I should imagine a very large glass of wine tonight cos pc's and me don't get on and I will probably find I have put pics of OH's 19h warmblood on instead of the little unn:eek::D

kittykatcat

Visit site
Oh god, good luck! I 'tried' to sell me horse a year ago. i got so exaperated with the idiots who clearly hadn't read his advert, the timewasters, the people who just didn't turn up, that I ended up keeping him and am glad I have!

I have always found the local tack shops the best forum for advertising...

Good luck! xx

jaquelin

Visit site
Try main Pony Club web site and also contact your nearest pony club as most of them run a pretty cheap advertising scheme - my nearest one cost £5 and that is probably your market.

I like Horsequest and sold a horse fairly quickly on it, but it was not a pony, and I also included video. I think it may not target your market.

Also use lots and lots of word of mouth, pictures up at local equestrian centres, etc. If it is a nice child's pony then there is a market for it.

Good luck!

Solo1

Visit site
Sold my little pony through the Connie website, but pony club is also very good too!

Selling is terrible, people over-estimating their ability (had a 60 y.o come try my very sharp eventing mare who wanted a quiet hack - picked her because 'she looked flashy' we recommended she get a cob and she was very disparaging and said she wanted a 'quality horse') but just keep at it, someone out there wants a little pony!