Let's go to the beach! Ex-racer fun :D

Lolo

Visit site
On Friday, Al and Reg went to the beach accompanied by the The Old Chestnut and SuperCob. We're very lucky to have some of the best beaches less than an hour from our doorstep but Reg has never been before so neckstraps were firmly on!

As ever, he was perfectly behaved :D Thought I'd share some of the nicest photos of the trip.

1175630_10200346928535375_715272681_n.jpg

For scale of horses, Reg is 17.2hh...

1146604_10200346929575401_1119409839_n.jpg

1184772_10200346932895484_271190207_n.jpg

1185337_10200346933615502_713081794_n.jpg

Swimming, and meeting waves :D

1098411_10200346936695579_283923619_n.jpg

564414_10200346939055638_2036308683_n.jpg

Reg got a salty face... I don't think he could be cuter!

1239732_10200346939775656_1800567229_n.jpg

1175369_10200346940095664_569276109_n.jpg

The lunatic ex-racer at work ;) He will go anywhere in a pack and stay there. Probably why he was never that good on the track!

1234847_10200346949015887_1848547707_n.jpg

And my favourite...

It was such an amazing day out. How awesome do the boys look too? Reg has never looked more perfect, and I think that for a hunter in his 20s, who's hunted with the big hunts since he was 5, he looks so well.

Hope you enjoy the photies :)

dafthoss

Visit site
Love reggie! Al looks like she's got sea water in places she didn't want sea water in the third picture. Reg looks like he had a great day galloping and splashing about.

Will have to send our potential beach dates to you, then reggie can look every bit of his 17.2 next to YP.

Lolo

Visit site
V V Envious!
Lovely pics, looking great - and so relaxed :)

Reg loved it so much, and he's so well behaved and Al trusts him and so she could let him have a blast.

Super pics, reg looks like a pony beside the chestnut!

He does, makes me realise how big Splashy is! I ride him though... Can you imagine how hilarious I look, I barely scrape in at 5'2 :D

Amazing pics! You both look great and he looks like he had a ball :)

That's my little sister :) They did, Reg loved it so much!

Lolo

Visit site
I love the one where he looks like he is grinning in the sea! What gorgeous pictures, ponies (and people) :)

xx

Teeth out is apparently a sign of tension, but Reg does it when he's at his happiest so we think he might be as unique as ever!

hahah I love the pokey out tongue pic! hes so cute!! how big is the other horse? he looks massive next to Reg?

haha and ive just noticed the last pic with his teeth out, what a lovely horse!!

He's a gem :D The chestnut we've not put a stick on, but he must be pushing towards 19hh. Al says 18.2hh, but I think bigger... He's a proper old-fashioned gentleman's hunter, as long as the gentleman had nerves of steel and super strength!

Aww love the salty face! The other horse is huge!

It's so cute, getting it framed for Al as she loves his cute faces more than his 'serious competitor' ones!

Love reggie! Al looks like she's got sea water in places she didn't want sea water in the third picture. Reg looks like he had a great day galloping and splashing about.

Will have to send our potential beach dates to you, then reggie can look every bit of his 17.2 next to YP.

:D Things are a bit mental with Team Reggie atm with too many horses and hunting about to start but I reckon Al would be very keen for another beach trip. Winter time in the early morning is really good for visits...

putasocinit

Visit site
Looks like you had brilliant fun, but please be careul about going in too deep if you fell off reg would swim straight and not turn around and drown, sadly thats what they do.

Lolo

Visit site
Fab pictures, looks great fun. I do love pic 4 with them both smiling :D

They had such a blast- Reg is too precious (/liable to explode in a hilarious but also unfortunate way) for hunting, but beach trips this winter will be right up his street!

Looks like you had brilliant fun, but please be careful about going in too deep if you fell off Reg would swim straight and not turn around and drown, sadly that's what they do.

Yeah, they kept buddied up in the water- Splashy is just out of shot in the wave photo- so if anyone tumbled off the other person could do nifty horse grabbing.

Awww wonderful pics there, they look like they're in their element.

I think they were! SuperCob especially (only in 1 photo)- he was completely wild. As veteran cobs tend to be ;)

*sprinkles*

Visit site
Brilliant photos! I always enjoy reading about Reg, although I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I had no idea Reg was in his 20s. He looks fantastic in these pictures.

Lolo

Visit site
lovely pics!!! :)

There was a very posh camera and someone very competent in the party so there are nearly 200 beautiful photos. Think some may feature strongly in xmas presents!

Fantastic pictures, looks like you all had a ball! :D

It was a lovely day- they almost went today but clearly chose the right day because it has pissed it down!

Beautiful :)

I have taken horses to the beach and very few looked like they were having such fun :)

We haven't gone in years (nearly 4 years) with horses, and last time Al was on her pony who went mental and spent most of her time exploding/ trying to lie down which was mildly offputting :D Reg and co were models of good behavior though!

Brilliant photos! I always enjoy reading about Reg, although I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I had no idea Reg was in his 20s. He looks fantastic in these pictures.

Oh, no, Reg is a spritely 13. The enormous chestnut is in his 20s! Hopefully Reg will be just as gloriously mad and well when he gets that old though :D

rosie-ellie

Visit site
Omg! Brilliant. I haven't been to the beach for a few years and looking at these pics reminds me how fun it is.......I love the photos well taken

Vickijay

Visit site
Really lovely pictures, everyone looks like they are having the best time. I've only been to the beach in the winter, it makes me want to go when the suns out but our local ish beach has funny opening times in the summer

Lolo

Visit site
Gorgeous pictures! Looks like you had a great time :) I would love to be close to the beach - very jealous!

One of the very few advantages to living in Norfolk is the stunning coastline :D

Pics are excellent!! So jealous :)

:) We were impressed by how well behaved they were!

Super photos as always. :) Defo on my bucket list (a trip to the beach that is!)

Sadly not me this time, someone far more competent (I get serious camera envy!). You should go, so much fun!

Omg! Brilliant. I haven't been to the beach for a few years and looking at these pics reminds me how fun it is.......I love the photos well taken

You forget how fun it is, this trip has been planned for absolutely ages and never happened and now Al can't wait to go back!

Lolo

Visit site
Really lovely pictures, everyone looks like they are having the best time. I've only been to the beach in the winter, it makes me want to go when the suns out but our local ish beach has funny opening times in the summer

We're lucky that Holkham is so happy with horses there and pretty much lets you rock up whenever! In the winter I think it's almost more beautiful, it's so open and misty... But less beautiful weather!

Gorgeous pics and gorgeous horses!! That looks like great fun :D

The yard is full of ridiculously photogenic horses- even the donkey's pretty! They had an absolute blast :)