lets have a rant about mud...........

millyspaniel

Visit site
I should change my user name to mud - moaner!
yep am moaning about mud again
frown.gif

My field is exceptionally wet and boggy and am worried about them being on it all day
frown.gif
tomorrow am sectioning it off (half of it) and letting it alone till feb when they can go on it then when thats gone they can have the other bit till the spring.
My TB is struggling to walk in it, its proper boggy and the yearlings once lovely coloured coat is now a nice shade of muddy brown
frown.gif
i have NO concrete to tie them up when i bring them to the gate to brush
frown.gif
its crap i hate the mud, the cold dont bother me so much its just the mud
frown.gif

Rant over.
Now can someoone tell me that there horses (TBs in all) are standing fetlock deep in mud so i dont feel like such a bad horse owner
crazy.gif

kylie88

Visit site
yep my boys are!! alothough they do have hard standing in the stables with are left open for them but stand and eat the hay from outside in the mud!!!

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
My TB is currenly standing fetlock deep in mud (she lives out year round) as as the two ponies!! My field was ok last December, it didn't start to get boggy and lose the grass until January when we had all that snow but it's gotten rice paddy-ish early this year and I'm having to start feeding the hay I was saving for the field next month- now!

It's clay mud too so it stains everything (I dropped my new white side saddle numnah in it) and it's doing my back in slipping and sliding everywhere.

millyspaniel

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My TB is currenly standing fetlock deep in mud (she lives out year round) as as the two ponies!! My field was ok last December, it didn't start to get boggy and lose the grass until January when we had all that snow but it's gotten rice paddy-ish early this year and I'm having to start feeding the hay I was saving for the field next month- now!

It's clay mud too so it stains everything (I dropped my new white side saddle numnah in it) and it's doing my back in slipping and sliding everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime i go and do my horses and see them standing in the mud whilst am sliding about with water containers (no water supply so have 4 big containers to carry
frown.gif
) i will be thinking that you are going through the same thing also!!
grin.gif

jendie

www.ramsgrovebeardies.com
Standing in mud? I wish!!! Mine seem to spend their time rolling in it. Every time I look I see little hooves waving in the air.The two palomino mini shets are now indistinquishable from the bay. And the 8-m-o ID is having a whale of a time galloping along the sides of the paddock and doing wheelies at the corners.....

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]

Everytime i go and do my horses and see them standing in the mud whilst am sliding about with water containers (no water supply so have 4 big containers to carry
frown.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!
laugh.gif

Grrr, flippin mud! My wheebbarrow has a flat tire too so I'm having to pull that through the mud backwards too.

Enfys

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Grrr, flippin mud! My wheebbarrow has a flat tire too so I'm having to pull that through the mud backwards too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a sled, just one of those cheapo plasticky ones, I can assure you, they work just as well on mud as they do on snow!
smile.gif

ps, why don't you get the tyre blown up?
wink.gif

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Me too. My field looks like it usualy does at the end of Feb, I had no grass growth, Aug/sept/oct due to lack of rain so nothing to hold it together, now we have had Aug/Sept.October rain all in Nov/Dec. I stated Hay on October and used it all up last weeks and had to get fresh supplies - totaly unheard of Grr, Bah, meh, bother, feck and all the other moaning type of word I can think of.

wannabee

Visit site
I'm going to make everyone hate me now - we have no mud! I know we are exceptionally lucky, and long may it last (we have an abundance of grass too!)

gingerthing

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

frown.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto to both those comments!! grrr
frown.gif

Lollii

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to make everyone hate me now - we have no mud! I know we are exceptionally lucky, and long may it last (we have an abundance of grass too!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really, really hate you! (not really, but I am jealous!)
Here is my mud and my hippo x ish
grin.gif

paddiinwater2.jpg

Lollii

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OMG - that is horrendous. We have mud, but not too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worse now, that photo was taken before the really bad rain
confused.gif
now it is all frozen solid mud ruts with ice in between, the horses can't walk on it
frown.gif

sidesaddlegirl

www.sidesaddlegirl.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a sled, just one of those cheapo plasticky ones, I can assure you, they work just as well on mud as they do on snow!
smile.gif

ps, why don't you get the tyre blown up?
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried to today but my stupid bike tire pump wouldn't screw onto the wheelbarrow tire thingey
frown.gif

*Make a mental note- get plastic sled!!!

MochaDun

Visit site
Mud, what mud? Do you lot have mud? Oh it's like the Bahamas here..dry, dusty, warm, can't remember the last time we had rain, I wear my fanciest of of strappy summer sandals to get the horse to/from field and they're fine, T-shirt weather in fact..

*hum hum hum..mad mud woman hums to herself pretending there is no such thing as mud*
grin.gif
grin.gif

Lollii

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
yes i no what you mean, it will be my grass isnt growing because we havnt got any rain because its too dry!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it - aaahhhh the good old days ...""""""wonders off dreaming about sunshine & no rain & no blimin MUD"""" ....
wink.gif

Visit site
The mud is AWFUL! I don't remember it being this bad at this time last year!
crazy.gif

I was fetching horses in today at work and I ended up getting stuck in the mud at a very boggy gateway. My boot came off and I fell over and ended up very muddy! My horses rugs are disgusting and when I changed them I ended up transferring even more mud onto myself!
frown.gif

My horses are going to have to stay in for a few days as it is just too boggy... not worth the risk of them injuring themselves or pulling a shoe off.

helly86

Visit site
Pathways to fields are awful as are gateways but Dragon's field isn't too bad, he goes out runs around for about a min then wonders about nibbling as grass, has a roll, another nibble, more rolling then it's in to bed but not before being de-mudded so he can try and beat the muddiest horse record the next day. flippin hippo.

JamesEarwaker

www.jamesearwaker.co.uk
its because we havnt had any proper frosts, not up this way anyway, we have had 1 good 1 and thats been it, if i remember this time last year it was pritty good, not as wet although w have had enough rain to last into january.

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
Spoke to farmer a couple of weeks ago when he brought our hay and he said its dryer this year than the same time last year
crazy.gif
Apparently he had a hard time getting his tractor through the gateways last year due to the mud
shocked.gif

This picture was taken about a month ago and the mud is much worse now. It is the gateway between the 2 fields that the horses have for winter

Photo-0010.jpg

Photo-0030.jpg

Lovely stuff isn't it
tongue.gif

Brandysnap

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We have barely any mud here
grin.gif

It's maybe an inch deep at most and that's only in the gateways (and all down to my horse
blush.gif
) and in some parts of the walkways. All the fields are green
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't really think that friends in Lakes want to hear that, when floods have devastated their homes + livelihoods + animals. Maybe you'd like to contribute to the flood fund? Just Google, will you? (As something similar was said in Adelphi, Liverpool). Try Cumbria for starters, please.