Let's hear it for Andrew Nicholson and Avebury

Orangehorse

Visit site
There have been a few threads about Burghley, but non so far praising Andrew and Avebury. What an achievement!
To keep a horse sound and well and enthusiastic for all this time is a triumph in itself,and if he had been placed everyone would have said "very well done" but to actually win three years running. Incredible and a tribute to Andrew and all his team.

It was a master class in cross country riding and everyone who takes part in eventing should study it. I was watching on TV and I don't think he took a pull anywhere, he set the horse up to jump, but he was riding forward and in balance the whole time. Did any other rider take his - straight - line through the water?

I hope there was a good party.

lannerch

Visit site
It was a masterclass in cross country riding, and Avebury is no easy ride, give an inch he takes a mile, so to win 3 years in a row is indeed a fabulous achievement, well done andrew and congratulations Rosemary and Mark barlow the owners.

NZJenny

Visit site
Go Kiwi, go kiwi, go kiwi ........

When eventing headlines the sports news over rugby in New Zealand - it's BIG ! We're proud of them - and Jock too.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I said well done on the other thread, I think, but it got lost in the Wiggy comments.

Yes, really well done. Lovely partnership to watch and well deserved.

But I had a book signed by him on the Thursday and he had the charisma of a slug!

tiggs

Visit site
It was a brilliant cross country round and listening to some of his interviews which were posted on twitter he obviously adores the horse and he was so complimentary about all of his team. I was so pleased for him.

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
I was there and watched them come down the hill to the second water in complete harmony, Avebury ears pricked, and showed all the others how it's done!!! Whilst many many other combinations came down that hill completely out of control!!! One guy went sailing past the station fence before the water without presenting such was their speed.

Awesome riding by Andrew and I don't really warm to him much, but what a horseman!!!

Eyes just love Avebury!!!!

humblepie

Visit site
Always loved the horse from first photo I saw of him in H&H. The way WFP and AN jumped that second water was indeed master class.

j1ffy

Visit site
I've just watched it having recorded it - what a brilliant performance!!

As an aside, did anyone else notice Ian S saying "...and kissing Wiggy, William's wife..."?! What a slip of the tongue :O. Wonder if he meant "Andrew's wife" or "William's ex-wife" :O :O