Let's hear it for the high blowers!

Surbie

Visit site
Arch is a high blower (I think) and you can see from his photo he's not a TB! He sometimes does it in canter but also does it coming in from the field at a relaxed walk from time to time. It is a lovely gentle sound and for a while I was worried he was super snotty but there was nothing skanky coming out of his nostrils.

Shady

Visit site
Ooooh, I have one!!!! , whoop whoop( I also didn't know what it was,)
I call it his happy noise and he only does it when the OH rides him, it's like they're having a chat

Of course he also does the farty sheath noise which is slightly less endearing
( Had to ask on here what that was... *.hangs head in shame *)

Dustygirl

Visit site
My Irish mare does it - I love it. She’s very vocal and makes lots of noises especially when we’re out hacking!

LadySam

Visit site
We had an ex-racer TB who did it when I was younger. Gorgeous horse, we could read each other's minds. We were out doing some flatwork one day when a gang of 3x 12 yo boys on bmx bikes started hassling us, riding right at us because wouldn't it be hilarious if the horse got frightened and threw me. I took Marty to the other end of the field, turned around and galloped straight at them with a good run-up. Turns out 16.2 of pissed off, galloping TB doing dragon breathing and bearing down on you is very effective at getting stupid little oiks to leave you alone.

Abi90

Visit site
My ID mare does this. I didn’t realise it had a special name! It’s a lovely rhythmical noise

greygirlie

Visit site
My QH does it when she's happy and going forward. Used to be just cantering, but now sometimes walking out to her field in the morning - I love it as I know she's relaxed.

Denbob

Visit site
I love the sound of a high blower, makes me think of the first time I heard it watching the XC at Badminton when I was 10.

JJS

Visit site
Alice always did it, but so does Mary. You expected it from Alice, with her gorgeous Thoughbred good looks, but it's a little more incongruous coming from a big coloured cob 😂