Lets see your lean, fit cobs!

julie111

Visit site
This was my girl a fair few years ago, unfortunatley she was pts 4 years ago and i dont have many side on pic but this was pretty much her weight through her life although she did muscle up more after this.

When she was out jumping most weekends although its difficult to tell how fit she was from these sort of pics.

What a pretty mare and a gorgeous colour:)

Jackson

Visit site
Even when he was fit he had a belly :eek: :( I think he secretly kept a foal in there.

222039_217677998247359_2582444_n.jpg

316890_317878284893996_2018922971_n.jpg

Mince Pie

Visit site
Jackson - mine too :rolleyes:

Here's my lad, could be fitter and definitely needs to start hill work but I'm happy with his weight :)

ETA: this was him hunting fit last year :)
415adc46.jpg

Last edited:

Limbo-the day-

Visit site
AMAZING COBS!! Love them all! I am very intrigued to know does anyone keep their cobs out24/7 all year? And manage to stay trim? Any helpful tips? For a wannabe cob?

Blitzen

Visit site
Zero00000 - I think you might own the twin of my mare, right down to the white eyelashes!!! (she is hogged now though, this pic was taken about a year ago)
IMG-20110809-00701_zps0d623d92.jpg

She's not exactly "fit and lean" at the moment as she's had a bit of a break this winter and I've just recently started her again with some steady hacking/gentle schooling :)
Some gorgeous gorgeous creatures on this thread!!

Blitzen

Visit site
Thanks :D but sorry RubysGold, she's a keeper! This is her when she was hunting fit last winter

Photo0624_zps073d913b.jpg

Photo0617_zpsfe64bc13.jpg

(I'm getting a bit picture-happy now I've worked out how to do it properly on my new phone! :D)

maisie06

Visit site
Will bore you all again with Moses pics!!

When he arrived - very, very lardy....

A couple of years on - I was told by a showing person he is "emancipated" and could do with some weight on as welsh cobs are meant to be fat.....Oh dear - she got a mouthful back, believe me!! I know what I prefer and it's NOT the lardy version!

Kat

Visit site
I am so in love with Izzy! Tiga, hide him quick before I steal him!

Some lovely fit trim cobs though, great to see.

Zero00000

Visit site
Blitzen - Your mare is beautiful, very very similar to my boy, I fell in love with him partly because of his white lashes, just finishes off his handsomeness,

Im not normally a cob person although Im a fool for a coloured, I have a TB and a WelshxArab, but I just couldn't resist him,

Will add some photos of him again once he is in presentable contion, looks like a pit pony at the moment, but a bath and a trim he will be good as new :)

miss_c

Visit site
A couple of years on - I was told by a showing person he is "emancipated" and could do with some weight on as welsh cobs are meant to be fat.....Oh dear - she got a mouthful back, believe me!! I know what I prefer and it's NOT the lardy version!

You sure you mean 'emancipated'? ;) Lol. Love the change in him from lardy to lean, and definitely agree with you on what is preferable!

[100855]

Visit site
This is my cob... Only had her 6 months ish and she has wintered out with a rug on. She gets haylage twice a day and half a scoop of show mix for dinner. I drive, hack, school, jump etc and she does something 5/6 days a week. I hope to do some traditional showing with her when her mane and feathers grow. You can easily feel her ribs and see about 3/4 of them up close. I feel that now she needs to build up her topline. She is 15 and 14.3h
Any thoughts on her? Sorry theyre not the best of pictures with the way she is standing!

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

CobsGalore

Visit site
Will bore you all again with Moses pics!!

When he arrived - very, very lardy....

He looks so much better now! Well done! :)

tiga71

Visit site
There are some gorgeous cobs on here. So nice to see fit, in shape, working cobs, not lardies.
Thanks for the lovely comments about Izzy - he is going to be very well hidden!:D
This was him when I got him in July/Aug 2009. Fat, bargy, bored and as supple as a plank of wood.

This is one of my favourite pics of him, he isn't as fit here as he is now, as he was just coming off 7 months of no hard work or schooling, just hacking for his feet. But he was very excited to be out at a party.

picolenicole

Visit site
This is King, 8 year old cob x from Irelnad. The only thing we haven't done (yet) is XC, he can be a hand full and can have true stompping fits, but he's brill and has given me loads of confidence.

These 2 pic's are from Jan

First ever jumping comp March, I know my possion is shocking but I am trying to work on it :)

Please feel free to say if you think he is fat, I think he still needs to loose more. He has lost a little since these were taken, and is on restricted grazing with no feed at all.

CarolineJ

Visit site
This is Finn, my Welsh D - he's still a bit of a work in progress, but I think these show that we're moving in the right direction! He lives out 24/7 unrugged, so work has been very intermittent thanks to the Scottish winter weather, but with a new saddle on order and the long-range forecast showing an Indian summer, I have high hopes that he'll look as trim and fit as some of the other stunners on this thread by October :D

February:

Today:

Spotsrock

Visit site
Oooh, another cob thread! 14.1 Clydesdale cross, 19 years old, in medium work, on one scoop unmolassed chaff, one mug Pure balancer, one mug micronised linseed, one scoop cortavet twice a day, will cut down to once a day soon as the grass comes through. She can get porky on grass, so grazing will become restricted if the weight creeps on. Currently around 365kg on the weight tape.

really LIKE this one, lovely looking little horse.

nats22002

New User
Visit site
This is very lean dressage diva cob, Angel. She is a blue cross rescued horse and I have had her for 4 years. Yes it is hard to keep her trim at times but keeping her exercise up and trying to restrict her calorie in can be done.

This is a photo of her competition at the Trailblazer National Championships.

blCl0Cg.jpg

And one of us doing some jumping practice

luJiYOL.jpg