Letter in H & H

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
I have a letter printed in H & H this week but why do they edit the nice bit where I thanked the judge for complimenting the riders at this level. Also the whole point of my letter was to say that if you want to keep a horse for life it is difficult to compete in BD because you tend to go through the points and then you have to do more advanced movements. In BE and BSJA there are classes you can stay at that aren't the very lowest but you can keep doing eg open pre novice.The ed does say you can do prelim all the time but maybe that is what these riders do , the judge was wondering why they didn't do affiliated, she wouldn't know if they do prelim. It would be nice if there were classes that you can compete in [once you have points] at each level but not get points, I know you can do training but some venues make you compete in these without going forward to prizes so you might as well compete H/C.Only a thought

Weezy

Visit site
Ahhh thought that was yours
smile.gif
Seeing Gloria next week and am going to have a chat with her about it - will get back to you!

Jemayni

Visit site
Ah I read that earlier actually; I didnt realise it was you, but my thought was that it was a nice letter & that the ed response undermined your point. I really do not like the new editorial response section, it seems to end any debate within the letters & reads like problem pages in glamour magazine! (take note admin
tongue.gif
)

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Yes I don't like it, at least on here we get a broad view.It is difficult if you don't want to sell a horse, we could do novice eventing and then go back to open prenovice, we could show jump to a high level and go back to amat. classes but in BD you carry on up unless you do prelim and the standard is so high further up .There are often hardly anyone in the classes because people qualify then stop competing, well we do because we want to keep our horse for life!
The people in the class the judge was talking about are good riders on well trained horses at novice level ,nothing wrong with that and really nice for a judge to say they were good.
It didn't surprise me riding club champs are a very good standard