Letting go of the dream horse?

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Now I can post again I can say that Brian passed his vetting, with flying colours. Just wolf teeth that may need attention in the future.

He will be staying on the yard at the dealers on schooling livery , so we can get used to each other.

Very excited now

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
That’s great news :) .

I’ve started tentatively looking myself and saw you asking a few questions on the dodgy dealers sites. Love the name Brian - used have a cat called that.

Ceriann

Visit site
Congratulations - he sounds and looks lovely. All the very best with him and enjoy a good few summer rides

rosiesowner

Visit site
Posts like this break my heart. I have just sold a superb 3 year old CB to the UK for £2500, her older full sister, backed and jumping clear at 85cm sold for £4,000. Both have fantastic temperament. The Cleveland Bay fits the bill for so many riders who want to do a bit of everything. Look at the recent posts on the Cleveland Bay Open Forum, CB's in USA - gelding winning at Prix St. George, younger stallion winning at lower levels in dressage; pure bred mare in HDT negotiating water hazard; another CB competing at BE 90cm with great success. Sane sensible horses who are up to weight and easy to do. Now on the RBST critical list.

Rollin, remind me to contact you when I'm looking for my next horse! I adore CBs and my grandma's grandfather bred them. She tells such fond stories of them and how brilliant they were. I'd love one!!

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Went down to fiddle and try on tack today. I think my saddle will fit ok with a change of gullet, saddler called. :) Groomed him and fitted bridle, hoping it will be cool enough to ride :)

moodymare1987

Visit site
I am a true believer go with your gut instinct. I had a break from horses for a few years and then was just window shopping saw mine advertised and thought i need to go see him. He was nothing like what I wanted in my head but I knew he was not going to do anything stupid. Wanted a big heavyweight hunter, got a chestnut showjumper haha. I don't even like jumping well I do now as hes given bags of confidence.

I knew as soon as I sat on him that he was for me. 5 years down the line hes a fantastic horse.
They just need to have the right attitude no horse is perfect it is just how they deal with situations and how you feel. Which by the sounds of this horse he is a little gem.

Annagain

Visit site
I've not been able to post for days thanks to the gremlins but just wanted to say giant YA :) :) :). Wishing you many years of vet free fun with him!