Leyland Daf mystery button???

lyndagriffiths

Visit site
Well its a mystery to me!!! F reg lorry, has a button on the dashboard with a key symbol on it. Is it there for easy start in cold weather or when been standing for a while and is it ok to use it in normal conditions. Or is it to notify someone at home that I am on the way back and to get tea on the table, house cleaned and dogs walked - whoops, sorry, slipped into fantasy land then!!! Or, back to the button, will it blow up my beloved lorry? Hope someone can help.

kaluki

Visit site
I am asumming its a horse box lorry? my little horse box was a tipper truck in its last life, so i have a couple of strange buttons, ie the tipper switchs! hs your lorry had a previous life as something else? maybe. :)

ossy

Visit site
My leyland was a royal mail delivery truck in its past life and it has lots of strange buttons including an emergency response red button.

lyndagriffiths

Visit site
Well found out what the button is! Its an easy start button. didnt know we had anything that Posh on the old girl! Thanks for all your suggestions tho, did sort of hope it was an ejector button for moaning passengers!

paulinperton

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone
Newbie here
I too have a mystery button on my 89 leyland daf hosrebox.
It is live and does something but i dont know what. It too is on the dash in the center line of the windscreen. I have tried all the suggestions above and more but to no avail.
I have decided to wait until the summer. (I use the term loosely, i mean that period of the year where the rain is warmer) when I am going to dismantle the whole lorry if i have to to trace the wiring to something.
Will let you all know how it goes.

Molasses

Visit site
no idea but i'm loving the idea of a magic button that has tea waiting on the table when you get home from a long horsey day:D
that kind of button should come as standard on horse lorries:p

like a version of the Downton downstairs bells?
"Tea! Carson! Oh and be a dear and put hay in the stables"

paulinperton

New User
Visit site
Tea, coffee, chocolate even water I don't care I just want to know what it does. I spend half the time on a long journey to a show staring at it and pressing it hoping something will happen. I a crash is not one of them. It's a real distraction for me.
My daughter reckons i need to get out more. does anybody know where i'm coming from.........................................................NO ....Ok I do need to get out more then.